DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Article: Third-party software leaves users open to security risks

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Default Article: Third-party software leaves users open to security risks

Unpatched third-party software can leave users open to a variety of security risks, research firm Secunia warns. Because users are often running old versions of software and simply haven't taken the time to update, attackers may look to third-party software as some of the lowest-hanging fruit.

Users should make sure to keep their third-party software patched, lest they expose themselves to malware and other security risks. Vulnerability research firm Secunia has gathered data from a number of organizations showing that the large majority of vulnerabilities are found in third-party applications, many of which are in older versions of the software. As a result, users should stay on top of updates as much as they can, and software makers should do a better job of informing their customers of available patches.

Read More Here: Third-party software leaves users open to security risks - Ars Technica

Download Secunia Free: Download - Personal (PSI) - Vulnerability Scanning - Secunia.com
    Last edited by roraniel; 21st April 2009 at 18:00.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Yes even if 3rd party security fails, we end up blaming the OS. Patching software is as important as patching the OS

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

thanks, this is very helpful, thanks for sharing....updation of 3rd party security products is also very important and must be done on regular basis....

seti is offline Member

Thanks for sharing this. It really is becoming more and more important to update and patch everything these days, because none of us are safe. Sadly as predicted the more tech guys get made redundant the more these attacks rise. Some just blame the world for their troubles and do not get on and try doing something positive with their lives as most of us do. This also makes this place more important to us all, because here we have a pool of knowledge to help each other and so far, every one that has come here has been here to join and help. And I must also say that it is only less than one percent of people that aren't.

leofelix is offline Member

How true,
    thanks for your advice.
    I often tell my friends to keep updated Java, Flash Player, Adobe Reader, their default browser, etc etc not always they listen to my words

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

^the same problem is with me here, i am only responsible for there software updations...from there own they have no tension to do so...