Thread: Your views on PC security

sur2009 is offline New Member

Default Your views on PC security

Hey,

I am currently in the process of setting up a pc security website and would like your help. I have an anonymous survey setup which asks three questions which will help me put together an idea of what people would like to see. Could you please take two minutes to tick which subjects you are interested in? There is also a free prize draw if you are interested.

The survey is at: PC Security Blog

Thanks

Corrine is offline Gold Member

You may get some ideas from the Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals™ (ASAP) Charter and member sites. Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals™

Edit to add: unless you are properly trained, please do not undertake malware removal. Free training is available and I can assure you that unless you have training and access to the private security forums for interaction with the developers of customized tools, you will do more harm than good. Malware removal has become very complex. At just one private site, the discussion thread of a specialized tool is over 380 pages. The tutorial and specific malware topics specifically relating to that one tool are in a separate area.
    Last edited by Corrine; 25th April 2009 at 01:10.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

for PC security advise, no one is better than corrine, her suggestions are enough to run a good PC security bolgs, follow her suggestions, thanks. i'll take the survey conduct by you.

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
    You may get some ideas from the Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals™ (ASAP) Charter and member sites. Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals™

Edit to add: unless you are properly trained, please do not undertake malware removal. Free training is available and I can assure you that unless you have training and access to the private security forums for interaction with the developers of customized tools, you will do more harm than good. Malware removal has become very complex. At just one private site, the discussion thread of a specialized tool is over 380 pages. The tutorial and specific malware topics specifically relating to that one tool are in a separate area.
    It does seem to be a fulltime job just keep track of malware these days, I just wish the writers of malware would find something possitve to do with their time.