DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 and W7 RTM Conflict

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Default Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 and W7 RTM Conflict

I just installed W7 RTM and ran into a problem with KIS 2009. I kept getting a windows error message that the Kaspersky Anti Virus Driver was blocked because of an incompatibility issue.

Good news is that paying customers of Kaspersky can upgrade for free to the latest versions of their software so I upgraded to KIS 2010 here:

Kaspersky Americas Support and Services

All is well again!!!

seti is offline Member

Thanks for the information I shall check out and see if this is avaiable to the rest of the world as well.

pyu.agrawal is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by roraniel View Post
    I just installed W7 RTM ...
    Got your hands on Win 7 RTM ....

He He He He!!!! My son in-law hooked me up. He owns a connected company.

Quote Originally Posted by pyu.agrawal View Post
    Got your hands on Win 7 RTM ....

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

He He He He!!!! My son in-law hooked me up. He owns a connected company.
    Lucky You!!! we have to wait till Aug 6th....
    in btw: it's good if you post some SShots of RTM build and disc here in a new thread.....

leofelix is offline Member

I just installed W7 RTM and ran into a problem with KIS 2009. I kept getting a windows error message that the Kaspersky Anti Virus Driver was blocked because of an incompatibility issue.
    I got the same issue with XP PRO

Good news is that paying customers of Kaspersky can upgrade for free to the latest versions of their software so I upgraded to KIS 2010 here:

Kaspersky Americas Support and Services

All is well again!!!

You're very lucky

Well I hope you installed Kaspersky 2010 Critical Fix

Kaspersky Anti-Virus / Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 Critical Fix 1 (version 9.0.0.463)

FIXES:

1. Problem with system instability after long period of program operation has been fixed.
    2. Error causing BSOD while updating the emulator driver has been fixed.
    3. Pop-up message in the URL checking module has been fixed (for the Spanish version).
    4. Problem with pausing the scan task while third party programs are running in full-screen mode has been fixed.
    5. Problem with the update task freezing at system startup has been fixed.
    6. Vulnerability that allowed disabling of computer protection using an external script has been eliminated.
    7. Driver crash in rare cases while processing a write operation has been fixed.
    8. Crash while processing data incompliant with the protocol of Mail.Ru Agent has been fixed.

@leofelix

It looks like it must have updated when the database updated after install because I am at version 9.0.0.463 already, but thanks for the heads up.

@nitinagarwal1988

If I get some time I will. To be honest I have not read all that is supposed to be differnt from RC1 but I really have not noticed any big changes except for the new wallpaper.
    Last edited by roraniel; 1st August 2009 at 02:13.

kieran is offline New Member

To solve Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 BSOD issue you have to boot your system in safe mode

1. Log out and restart your system.
    2. When the system starts the reboot process, press the F8 key.
    3. Choose the option “Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking” from the menu.
    4. Start -->Programs -->Rt click on the KIS icon and select “run as administrator”
    (3)Update AV databases.
    Now restart and boot your system into normal mode.

onlyhuman is offline New Member

I had the same problem with the kis 2009 and win7 rtm. something about driver was popping up.

then i upgraded to kis 2010, all looks great until i tried to connect to internet from my browser. eversince i upgraded to 2010, no webpage can be loaded on any browser i have. after i paused kiss protection, then i can load a web. i then load the kaspersky again, turned off the firewall, unchecked the use proxy thingy, still i can't load anypage with the kis on. and i was experiencing a very huge decrease in network speed. like the messenger was connected, but can't send or recieve any messege, sometimes it can but with a very huge delay like 10 min. hahaha.

right now i don't have any protection and prety much exposed to the wild. does anybody know how to solve this?
    thank you

onlyhuman is offline New Member

i'm sorry. just ignore my last post. I gave up on Kis and went for something like AVIRA or AVG. but I think I will go for avira.

i hate to not finding any answer on my problem on their website! all their answer i get from their "FAST TRACK" solution program was its all in my computer setting other than their own product. I mean what is wrong with my HOST file? I didn't ever even touched it. I won't get to their web site lookin for a solution if i can do ping out of my box! and at the end they say to call on my provider? the one i bought their product from. well, i bought it from the net. have my kis 2009 box from a post man. so should i go to the post office and ask them about this? lol. anyway, i've done with kis either way. anybody can recomend a security suit that is lightweight on ram, yet has extensive virus database and very low false alarm rate

thanks for reading.
    sory for kis team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast