DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: PC Tools FREE Firewall Plus 6.0.0.69 at 2nd place on Matousecīs firewalltest !

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

Default PC Tools FREE Firewall Plus 6.0.0.69 at 2nd place on Matousecīs firewalltest !

hi !

PC Tools Firewall Plus 6.0.0.69 at 2nd place on Matousecīs firewalltest:

Results and comments - www.matousec.com

PC Tools Firewall Plus - Free Firewall Download

"Designed for Windows 7 (32/64bit), Vista (32/64bit) and XP (32bit)"

iīm going to run my "usual" firewall tests tomorrow....

leofelix is offline Member

Hi
    Thank you hackerman1
    I see PC Tools Firewall Plus 6.0 is second on the list and it supports Windows 7: very good news
    Can't wait for your tests.

Cheers

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Online Armor stood first!

Waiting for your tests too hackerman1!

estra is offline Windows Enthusiast

Only a few days ago I've myself installed PC Tools Firewall Plus, to try it out, but uninstalled it yesterday. The issue was, that after some time my internet browser became unresponsive. It did not freeze, but just could not visit any page when typing an address nor when choosing a bookmark. And the only thing I could attribute this behavior, is to the firewall.

Today I will be trying out the Privatefirewall, which is currently 10th on the Matousec's list.

seti is offline Member

The only firewall tester that I personally trust is to be found at grc.com. As long as it gets a pass there, as far as I am concerned it is good enough for me. I am not sure of the chart ratings because that could just in the end be a matter of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by estra View Post
    Only a few days ago I've myself installed PC Tools Firewall Plus, to try it out, but uninstalled it yesterday. The issue was, that after some time my internet browser became unresponsive. It did not freeze, but just could not visit any page when typing an address nor when choosing a bookmark. And the only thing I could attribute this behavior, is to the firewall.

Today I will be trying out the Privatefirewall, which is currently 10th on the Matousec's list.
    What is you default browser?
    Firefox maybe?
    Waiting for yout tests with Private Firewall which now is free of charge (I tried it and it didn't impress me)

estra is offline Windows Enthusiast

@leofelix

Yes my default browser is Firefox, but I also had the same result when trying to work with IE. Only rebooting helped in my case. But then after some time the situation repeatead itself.

In regards to Privatefirewall, - I am still testing it, need more time

@ estra: thank you for your quick reply
    I supposed your default browser was Firefox, many PC tools users are complaining conflicts wih FF (especially PC tools FW Plus 6.0 and PC Tools ThreatFire 4.6)

Cheers