DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: can you look at my setup tell me what else i need

winterlord is offline Beginner

Default can you look at my setup tell me what else i need

ok i have outpost firewall pro and a-squarded anti-malware pro. however i noticed that alot of great features dont work on x64 windows 7.

so i am wondering what else should i be running. below is a note directly from a-sqaureds website about the antimalware software.

a-squared Anti-Malware runs on Windows XP, Vista, as well as on 2003/2008 Servers in all 32 bit editions.

On x64-systems the scanner and OnExecution guard work very well, but the behavior blocking module (Malware-IDS) does not run currently.

thanks
    winter

seti is offline Member

Is this the full list of what you have, and if it is not then please post the full list so that help can be given. At the moment we are a bit in the dark. Thank you.

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

hi !

Winpatrol
    MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials), will be released today...
    AVIRA, works fine together with MSE
    MBAM (MalwareBytesAntiMalware), you already have A2, but if A2 misses something MBAM might find it...

AVIRA & MBAM has "FREE" versions...

a HOSTS-file: http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

and of course do *NOT* run your PC on an "ADMIN"-account, set up a normal "USER"-account, and only use "ADMIN" when you absolutely have to, fx. when installing new software !
    Last edited by hackerman1; 29th September 2009 at 11:34.

winterlord is offline Beginner

i have currently installed a-squared Anti-Malware 4.5 , and outpost firewall pro (trail, but i plan on buying it)

and am thinking about MSE since it is now out, but i am not sure if i need it with the other 2 or not.

or what if anything would be best to add with a-squard and outpost firewall.

also note that according to a-sqaured website On x64-systems the scanner and OnExecution guard work very well, but the behavior blocking module (Malware-IDS) does not run currently.

so im not sure what to make of this. because of what it says for a-sqaured im not sure if a-sqaured is enough to tackle any virus, or if a-sqaured is more for malware and i still need a real-time anti-virus program like MSE or somthin. what do you guys think of what it says about the x64bit? and would a-sqaured be enough for anti-virus protection on my setup
    Last edited by winterlord; 30th September 2009 at 03:34.