DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: VB Oct 2009 Results - MS, others pass; AntiVir, others fail !

leofelix is offline Member

Default VB Oct 2009 Results - MS, others pass; AntiVir, others fail !

VB100 October 2009.

Almost half of the products did not manage to meet these requirements: 15 products passed the test, leaving 11 products to fail. Here are the ones that passed and failed, as well as the reason for not passing:

• Pass: Alwil avast!, AVG I.S. Network Edition, BitDefender Security, CA eTrust, eScan Internet Security, ESET NOD32, F-Secure Anti-Virus, G Data AntiVirus, K7 Total Security, Kaspersky Anti-Virus, McAfee VirusScan, Microsoft Forefront, Quick Heal AntiVirus Lite, Symantec Endpoint, and Trustport Antivirus 2009.

• Fail: AhnLab V3Net (171 wildlist misses), Authentium Command (159 wildlist misses), Avira AntiVir Server (1 wildlist miss), Filseclab Twister (5655 wildlist misses, 1 false positive), Fortinet FortiClient (38 wildlist misses), Frisk F-PROT (159 wildlist misses), Ikarus virus.utilities (3759 wildlist misses, 4 false positives), Kingsoft I.S. 2009 Advanced (98 wildlist misses), Kingsoft I.S. 2009 Standard (2461 wildlist misses), Sophos Anti-Virus (1 wildlist miss), and VirusBuster for Servers (5 wildlist misses).

More: AntiVir, 10 others, fail Virus Bulletin's latest tests - Ars Technica

Special thanks to Ceyfer

---------

I'm sorry to see Avira didn't pass (only one wildlist missed and no false positives) 'cause is one of my favourite antivirus together with ESET NOD 32, Kaspersky Antivirus and Microsoft Security Essential (*).

(*) MSE engine is based on Microsoft ForeFront, as you know
    Last edited by leofelix; 10th October 2009 at 04:19.

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

hi !

i decided to take a look at the latest VB100-tests yesterday, the results were interesting.
    and if you "combine" that with fx. the tests at AV-comparatives, you get a good idea of which AV´s you should use...

just another confirmation that MSE is good.
    yes, i also noticed Avira´s failure, but it was not big (compared to some of the others...), since it only missed 1.
    Last edited by hackerman1; 26th October 2009 at 00:52.

seti is offline Member

Interesting as these results are, we must remember that it is important to have an antivirus protection on. We must also remember that all tests are subjective by their very nature.

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

hi !

seti: of course you need A/V-software, who said anything else ?

"all tests are subjective" ?