Thread: 4 questions

FEA404 is offline New Member

Default 4 questions

My harddisc has a warning sign.

Can I copy my whole harddisc and putt it on a new harddisc and continue using it as I use it today?
    My Windows Live Mail showing me a error message after I have recived mails.

(A problem accured that makes windows live to shut down, your latest changes may not be saved) and i must press OK and its gone

Händelsetyp: Fel
    Händelsens källa: ESENT
    Händelsekategori: Databasskada
    Händelse-ID: 447
    Datum: 2009-10-15
    Tid: 19:47:29
    Användare:
    Dator:
    Beskrivning:
    wlcomm (5276) Det finns en skadad sidlänk (fel -327) i ett B-träd (objekt-ID: 33, PgnoRoot: 80) i databasen C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\Lokala inställningar\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\{c313db66-ef55-4a4d-95d4-54d529acf358}\DBStore\contacts.edb (237 => 410, 412).

I have rewrite the password
    I have unistalled and install
    I have fix the install

Nothing helps and windows live mail has worked very good until for a week and I dont know what has happend.
    How can I list every file in my harddisc?
    What tweak guide is really working for a slow computer?
    Last edited by FEA404; 15th October 2009 at 21:05.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

1. To copy your HDD to another disk you need the help of an imaging program that copies everything including the MFT and the Bootrecords. Here is a selection of free programs ( 7 Freeware Acronis True Image & Norton Ghost Alternatives ).
    2. Your HDD has hundreds of thousands of files. What would you want to do with a list. As an example: Just the System32 folder has about 20.000 files - or WINSXS has 50.000 files. See the problem?
    3. There is no Tweak Guide that works. Use common sense. All those "wonder programs" are for the birds. Minimize the number of startup programs, install as much RAM as your system can handle (RAM is cheap) and you are in business.

PS: No idea regarding Windows Live Mail - never used it. I use AOL and Hotmail - has never let me down.
    Last edited by whs; 15th October 2009 at 23:20.

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Translated to English:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: esente
    Event Category: Database Damage
    Event ID: 447
    Date: 2009-10-15
    Time: 19:47:29
    Users:
    Computer:
    Description:
    wlcomm (5276) There is a damaged Page Link (error -327) in a B-tree (object ID: 33, PgnoRoot: 80) in the database C: \ Documents and Settings \ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Windows Live Contacts \ (c313db66-ef55-4a4d-95d4-54d529acf358) \ DBStore \ contacts.edb (237 => 410, 412)
    > swap

Microsoft KB 810190 identifies Event ID 447 as related to a Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server or Exchange Server 2003 computer and provides the following solutions: "The information store terminated abnormally" error message and event ID 447 is logged

Do you have problems with any other applications or is it only with Windows Live Mail?

Since the problem began a week ago, if antivirus scanning of the database file directory caused the problem, check the quarantine log of your antivirus software. If nothing there, do you have a System Restore point prior to the problem beginning?

Absent that, I suggest that you run the System File Checker tool. The System File Checker tool scans system files and replaces incorrect versions of the system files by using the correct versions.

To run the System File Checker tool, follow these steps:

Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    Right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.
    If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue
    At the command prompt, type the following line, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow
    when the scan is complete, test to see whether the issue that you are experiencing is resolved.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

You could clone a hard disk using a freeware. Pls check whs's link . You could check out Easeus. Among shareware, Acronis is nice.

Try sfc /scannow as suggested by Corrine. Can you consider a system restore to a good point, a week back? Esle reinstall WLMail using its stand-alone installer present on your compyter. See Find & Save Windows Live Application Installation Setups in Windows 7

Print A List Of Your Files & Folders In Windows may help you.

Tips 1,2,3 should suffice. The rest are for a tweak enthusiast. See Make Windows Start, Run, Shutdown Faster !

FEA404 is offline New Member

I experience that my computer almost freezes and start to thing and after a little time is continue with the task I want it to do.
    I have more than 3 gigabyte that my windows shows in RAM
    I did this:

Since the problem began a week ago, if antivirus scanning of the database file directory caused the problem, check the quarantine log of your antivirus software. If nothing there, do you have a System Restore point prior to the problem beginning?

Absent that, I suggest that you run the System File Checker tool. The System File Checker tool scans system files and replaces incorrect versions of the system files by using the correct versions.

To run the System File Checker tool, follow these steps:

Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    Right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.
    If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue
    At the command prompt, type the following line, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow
    when the scan is complete, test to see whether the issue that you are experiencing is resolved.

But it didn’t help me and its pity because I did like the Windows Live Mail.

Are there other software’s for 3 hotmail accounts in same software?