DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Don't Use Windows Update anymore!

DeborahJ is offline Senior Member

Exclamation Don't Use Windows Update anymore!

I came across this read.

Don't use Windowsupdate.microsoft.com but use update.microsoft.com only. Don't use windowsupdate.microsoft.com even if you don't have Microsoft Office products installed

Why? Simple reason: You are not protected with security patches if you are only using windowsupdate.microsoft.com.
    You are protected with security patches if you will use update.microsoft.com

With windowsupdate.microsoft.com, you will get updates for Windows and components in Windows that is shipped in Windows DVD or your installer (ISO file that you've burn into DVD) but you are not going to receive security updates or important updates for Microsoft related software that was not shipped in Windows installer.
    Source - Calendar Of Updates -> Don't Use Windows Update anymore!

seti is offline Member

Thanks for this, but I had already changed sometime ago and I think the change is automatic because I can not recall having to do so manually.

roraniel is offline Gold Member

This really only applies to Windows XP users. In Vista and Windows 7 you ust have to activate updates for additional content.