Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti security tip: Avoid filters imposed by sys admin

zen67 is offline Senior Member

Talking Anti security tip: Avoid filters imposed by sys admin

We're at your computer's public library and we have just finished typing the Internet address of a blog in the browser toolbar. While we wait for the loading, it is a thin web page that informs us of the fact that you can not open the requested site, for suspected or dangerous. How can it be? Blog are published only harmless cookies recipes. In fact, the computer has been configured filters that limit navigation on the Internet...

Some of these are based on lists of sites deemed unreliable, others are trying to deduce the nature of their address. In this way, however, could also be filtered sites of undoubted reliability, thereby preventing access to information that we are looking for. Unless you use a little trick, taking advantage of Google Translate (almost never filtered) to pretend to want to translate the Web page you are looking for and succeed, so, to access its content

1. Google provides all of the free service Google Translate, which allows you to translate a text or an entire site from one language to another. So we can go on a U.S. site, even if we know only Italian. To use them, we start our favorite browser and go to google-translate

2. To open a blocked website, type its address in the text Translate web page drop down list, select an item instead of the side where the first language is that of the web site to visit. For example, if we want to visit an Italian site, choose Italian / English.
    Click on Translate to confirm....

3. This will open a Web page with an address very long. We must shift our attention to the final part, ie the string langpair= it%7Cen. Replace the text en with it and press Enter to confirm and reload the new Web page. You should now see the site first blocked by the firewall

Obviously you need to change the suffixes in relation to language installed on your operating system or the language in which you want to read the pages

second method

Google provides access to Internet sites blocked because it stores a copy of all the Web pages that can be found by doing a simple search. If the home page of a site is stored on Google servers, you can do!

go on google, type in the search field the address of the website we want to see the copy stored by Google, by preceding the command cache and press the Google Search button. For instance, if we want to access the website ww.youtube.123, write the string

2. If the Web page is stored by Google, you will receive a frame at the top that says "This is the cached copy. ..." The only drawback is that all multimedia elements on the page such as images, video and content are not updated in real time.

another way, using the search engine Google Mobile: Google Mobile Search. go to ww.google/xhtml, type the website address into the search box and click the Search button
    In the new Web page that opens, simply select the first result to access the website blocked. Will be loaded a page optimized for browsing from a mobile phone and then adapted to the size of its display, but fully functional and updated in real time.

All this explained in these lines is for educational purposes only

Last edited by leofelix; 1st December 2009 at 12:26. Reason: Title corrected

seti is offline Member

What a great thing you've put here Zen67 You've taught me something that I have wanted to know for a long time, thank you

luffy is offline Windows Enthusiast

This is just what I need when I use public computer.
    Thanks.

leofelix is offline Member

Next time I'll go to a cybercafè I think I'll apply your suggestions:-)
    Thank you, very detailed tips

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

thanks zen67 !

another trick is to use a proxy-server.

Cithel is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by zen67 View Post
    All this explained in these lines is for educational purposes only
    That made me laugh out loud! that is funny Zen67, Thank you!
    Last edited by Cithel; 1st December 2009 at 03:01. Reason: spelling and content

Corrine is offline Gold Member

We're at your computer's public library and we have just finished typing the Internet address of a blog in the browser toolbar. While we wait for the loading, it is a thin web page that informs us of the fact that you can not open the requested site, for suspected or dangerous. How can it be? Blog are published only harmless cookies recipes. In fact, the computer has been configured filters that limit navigation on the Internet...

Some of these are based on lists of sites deemed unreliable, others are trying to deduce the nature of their address. In this way, however, could also be filtered sites of undoubted reliability, thereby preventing access to information that we are looking for.
    I do not condone trying to bypass filtering or other security measures provided at the public library. Save your surfing to those sites for when you are at home.

zen67 is offline Senior Member

I agree with you Corrine...
    In any case, the example of the public library was simply an introductory statement, a simple example, if you wish to enter the case in which I stated the need to find a recipe from an innocuous blog of recipes and an alternative way to avoid Mama call to inquire about it ..

To stay on topic, I hope that Google Translate has done a great job in translating these exact words ...

if a picture is worth a hundred words ........ let me say this:

seti is offline Member

As ususal we will follow Corrine's advice, because we'd be a fool not to do so, but I think our friend was as he said in his reply using that as an example.

Corrine is offline Gold Member

It is a lovely rose, zen67, and I thank you. Translations can indeed add to confusion. I am extremely familiar with language barriers, since my husband and his family are from Ukraine.

I understood that the public library was an example, but I seriously doubt that a recipe from an innocuous blog of recipes would be blocked by a library or school, etc. Thus, I guess I do not understand what the point is other than an attempt to bypass legitimate filters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast