Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whch is the best Antivirus?

Johnmark2 is offline New Member

Default Whch is the best Antivirus?

Recently i was using McAfee and it got expired, Nowadays I am using Microsoft Security Essentials which i got it free from Microsoft, but the problem is I cant login with any free antivirus because my dialer doesnt let me to login until it find some license version of antivirus, can anyone tell me the best antivirus of 2010.. there are so many on net so it made me confused and drag me here to ask in the forum..

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

BEST ANTIVIRUS.........everyone has different opinion.

But i feel most of us here will recommend you NOD or MSE only. What do you say guys?

MrMBerman is offline Senior Member

I gave MSE a good test run and would recommend it to anyone looking for a free av solution.

Personally, I now use Vipre from Sunbelt, it's so light on system resources you don't even know it's installed and running.

Bad antivirus products have become good and good ones have gone bad, every year we see new names come into the market place and older ones just fade away, Today in 2010 there are some top quality 100% free products on the market MSE is just one of them, Avast 5 with it's new interface has become sexier and more appealing to use.

Whilst I may not agree with all the views, Antivirus - Reviews and Price Comparisons from PC Magazine has an excellent feature worth a read.

roraniel is offline Gold Member

I would add Kaspersky to that list. I used it for years and loved it BUT I have been using MSE for about 6 months and have NO complaints as a free app.

Quote Originally Posted by riteshtechie View Post
    BEST ANTIVIRUS.........everyone has different opinion.

But i feel most of us here will recommend you NOD or MSE only. What do you say guys?

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Eset smart security for my main Desktop PC and MSE for the laptop.

Max_Payne is offline Senior Member

I don't think that exists the best one security software, but more best security software.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

Here is the list of best AV solutions (paid)-

1. BitDefender 2010
    2. Kaspersky 2010
    3. ESET NOD32 v4

If you don't wanna spend bucks for AV solution, Microsoft Security Essentials is the only choice.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

There is no "best". It's like asking what is the best sandwich - depends on your taste. In the recent tests, Norton was always on top and BitDefender that used to be high up was pretty much on the bottom.
    I use MSE and Norton (on different systems). They seem to work. But what does one know - maybe I was rarely attacked. They fished out 3 trojans at different times. Maybe that was all the attacks I ever had.

Corrine is offline Gold Member

the problem is I cant login with any free antivirus because my dialer doesnt let me to login until it find some license version of antivirus
    I spent many years with a dial-up connection as well as continuing to Admin a site that provides ISP information. However, in the ten years I have been at that site, I never heard of that requirement. Please provide additional information.

julio99 is offline Beginner

Thumbs up

I've tried a few of them and all paid. I'm still with Kaspersky AV 2010 because it's protected me the best. I didn't care much for ESET NOD32 a year ago. Can't speak for it now. I started with Windows Live One Care, which is now Windows Security Essentials and free. I didn't really have trouble with it and it protected me well. A couple of small hiccups here and there. I tried Bit Defender on a trial basis and didn't care much for it. What I like most is an Anti-Virus that you can just about set and forget and that is why I only use an Anti Virus package and not a full security suite. For me adding in a Firewall with a lot of rules and it seems as though you're setting yourself up for grief. I scan with MalwareBytes Anti Malware every week or so. I don't use the real time protection with it and now it comes with an IP Protection feature, that can get a little buggy. Bottom line for me,KAV 2010,Windows Firewall on Windows 7 Home Premium and MalwareBytes AntiMalware Scanner on a reg basis.Been clean for a long while now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast