Thread: Acronis Security Products

James is offline Microsoft MVP

Default Acronis Security Products

Acronis has ambitiously jumped into the security software market with three new programs: Antivirus, Internet Security suite and Backup & Security.
    Acronis Enters the Security Market | WindowsTalk.org

I'm quite interested to see how these programs fare in a busy market. Acronis has built up a good name in the backup software industry; can they do the same with security programs?

MerleOne is offline Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Acronis has ambitiously jumped into the security software market with three new programs: Antivirus, Internet Security suite and Backup & Security.
    Acronis Enters the Security Market | WindowsTalk.org

I'm quite interested to see how these programs fare in a busy market. Acronis has built up a good name in the backup software industry; can they do the same with security programs?
    I think they already provided some kind of anti-spyware/security suite a long time ago, then it was abandoned probably (it was rather unattractive at that time). So they are not completely new to this. Maybe looking to their website with a webarchive 10 years ago or less could help confirming this.

Update : I looked at a 2002 version of their website and I found Acronis Privacy Expert, just another "Cleaner", so I might have been confused by this software.
    Last edited by MerleOne; 16th February 2010 at 12:24.

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Installed last night. We will see how it goes. They have an interesting networking setup. You must add each computer to your network.

Edit:

First impression is that it has slowed things down a bit. Just a seat of the pants observation.

I also had to open each web browser twice in order to get them to connect to web for the first time after installation.

I am reserving judgment on the network feature until I get it installed on all my machines. Right now I lost the connection to the other computers in my home group on the one machine I have it installed on.

Edit:

The Anti Phishing button does not work in Firefox. Click any link in the drop down menu (like settings) and nothing happens. In IE a window with options pops up.

Edit:

Uninstalled!!!!!! Made my system slow. Could not get the computers to network even after contacting support. DSL Modem would not connect to internet after uninstalling Acronis. Had to reconfigure DLS Modem. Overall pretty disgusted.

I did the free trial of Acronis Backup & Security.
    Last edited by roraniel; 16th February 2010 at 20:56.

windowuser is offline Beginner

Acronis performed very well with their cloning and backup solution that I don't think they will have problems with a Security tool.
    Fact is that is windows that contains a lot of security threats that most of the time even the best product can be seriously compromised in its tasks.