DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Microsoft Security Essentials is still the Best Free Anti Virus Software

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Thumbs up Microsoft Security Essentials is still the Best Free Anti Virus Software

Microsoft Security Essentials Finds New Malware, Avoids False Positives, Still the Best Free Option!

While Microsoft Security Essentials wasn't the absolute winner in finding new malware without a definition available, it was the highest ranking free option, and it did perform best among those apps that had "Very few false alarms"—perfect for software that's free and light on resources.

Download PDF Report: http://www.av-comparatives.org/image...c_report26.pdf

Via Microsoft Security Essentials Finds New Malware But Avoids False Positives, Still the Best Free Option

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

yes, that testreport was interesting reading.

i´m testing MSE & a2 together with Online Armor-premium (firewall) now, no problems detected so far.
    and i really don´t expect any, OA & a2 works very well together, which is no surprise since OA++ is actually a2 & OA-firewall combined, and MSE doesn´t seem to have any problem with OA.

another thing i noticed was that Avast only detected 5% of the worms, which was much lower than most of the others, fx. MSE detected 79%.
    Last edited by hackerman1; 9th June 2010 at 21:28.

venkat is offline Beginner

I think AVG does more better job than MSE.

MrMBerman is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by venkat View Post
    I think AVG does more better job than MSE.
    Test results show otherwise.