DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Teen Internet Addiction Guide for Parents

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Exclamation Teen Internet Addiction Guide for Parents

An Internet addiction is an addiction like any other: it is defined by a compulsive loss of impulse control resulting in damage to the user and his or her relationships, schoolwork, or employment. Online gaming, compulsive use of social networking, and marathon Internet surfing sessions are all included in this powerful addition. Symptoms are comparable to other behavior addictions, most similar to pathological gambling. Because Internet addiction is relatively new to society, there is less research on it than more established addictions, such as drug and alcohol abuse. However, researchers believe that like other additions, it often masks other problems such as depression, low self-esteem, social anxiety and may even stand in a surrogate for other addictions.
    A nice guide : SafetyWeb Teen Internet Addiction – Guide for Parents

Any addicts here?

How much time do you spend on the internet btw?

I spend on an average 4-5 hours a day. And you?

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

I'm at my PC from when I wake up till I go asleep lol If I'm not gaming or editing photos I'm browsing the net

My wife says I should of married my PC instead of her as I pay more attention to it.

I do have an addictive personality so if I find something I enjoy it tends to get 99.5% of my attention 80% of the time.
    Last edited by johnny.rotton; 3rd August 2010 at 17:44.

caroool is offline New Member

Default digital addiction

Break your electronic addiction with some common-sense tactics. They are not hard, and need no special drugs or resort treatment. A digital addiction can sap your attention span, conversation skills, critical thinking and ability to relate to others. Fortunately, unlike some more addictive substances, it's easy to break on through.