DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Do you need to install another antivirus along with Microsoft Security Essentials?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Default Do you need to install another antivirus along with Microsoft Security Essentials?

Do you need to install another antivirus along with Microsoft Security Essentials?

The short answer?

No.

The long answer?

Microsoft Security Essentials is free software that helps protect against viruses, spyware, worms, and other malicious or unwanted software. Microsoft Security Essentials has already won awards and gotten great reviews from security experts. And it's free. If you use Microsoft Security Essentials you don't need to install any other antivirus or antispyware software.

Via: MSDN Blogs

What is you experience with MSE? Do you use MSE or some other antivirus?

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

hi !

Emsisoft AntiMalware (EAM) which is a-squared with a new name, & MSE v2-beta.

they are working well together, i created exceptions for both of them in each others settings.
    i normally only use EAM for realtime-protection, it has been my only "realtime-A/V" for months now.

i also use Avast & MBAM as on demand scanners for double-checking to see if EAM has missed something,
    none of them has ever found anything, except a few false positives.

i decided to test MSE v2-beta since it was a new version with some added protection.
    v2 is faster then v1, fx. when you right-click on a file to run a scan, it starts VERY fast.

but since EAM offers more protection then MSE, im not going to replace EAM...