Thread: How to recover data after a virus?

jeriffstiv is offline New Member

Default How to recover data after a virus?

My labtop was infected by a trojan virus i was not able to restore from an earlier setting. I did get rid of the virus and reinstalled windows vista but now i want to recover my word documents and pictures and other programs but i do not know how. How can i recover all my data?

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Well, if you reinstalled Vista and your data was on the OS partition (in lieu of in a seperate data partition - which is good practice), your data is probably gone for good. You can try with Recuva ( Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download ), but I would not hang my hopes too high.
    For the future, I would recommend you do frequent imaging. Then you can bail yourself out of binds like this. Here is one option: Imaging with free Macrium - Windows 7 Forums -- works in XP, Vista and Win7

decosta is offline New Member

You need to pull your hard drive and use a usb adapter cable to connect it to another computer then you need to run a data recovery program. Do not install any more programs or use the computer until a proper data recovery has been attempted. There is a good chance of recovering some of your files.

johnpitter is offline New Member

This requires that you have been diligent about backing up files. If you do not follow a regular backup program, the files were lost forever. If so, learn from their mistakes and make up regularly since then. Remember that not all viruses target data files - only a few attacks on applications.

CamilleGoo is offline New Member

I refer software to recover my lost data so I used Linux Hard Drive Recovery Software. There are lots of software are available but this is one of the best. Also recover my data is also good software.

alsvinjhon is offline New Member

It is necessary to clean all data from virus by using anti-virus software. There are many antivirus softwares are available which can clean data and also recover this data from its old data.