DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Secunia Personal Software Inspector 2.0 is Released

roraniel is offline Gold Member

Default Secunia Personal Software Inspector 2.0 is Released

Keeping up to date on all your applications security updates is very important. This ensures that all known security holes are closed with the latest patches released by the manufacturer.

I have written about Secunia's Personal Software Inspector (PSI) in the past and I wanted to let everyone know that a new version is available. Secunia PSI scans your installed applications and warns you if any do not have the latest security patches. It then scores your system and keeps a record of your past scores.

The biggest news in version 2.0 is the addition of a auto update feature for several third party products that you are able to turn on or off and control how the updates are installed. This handy feature makes security updates for products like Flash Player, Java Runtime Environment and others effortless.

They have also redesigned the user interface and the Dashboard so it is easier to use and understand and the completed scan only took about 65 seconds.

So go ahead and give it a try. They also offer a online (OSI) version if you prefer to not install the Desktop (PSI) version but when I tested it a through scan took about 15 minutes.

Download here: Automatic updates make a big difference Get the free Secunia PSI 2.0 today - Blog - Blog & News - Company

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Thanks for the update roaniel, will download it. Its a great tool from Secunia!

212eta is offline Windows Enthusiast

Great Tool indeed...