Thread: IObitís Advanced SystemCare Free v3.7

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Thumbs down IObitís Advanced SystemCare Free v3.7

UPDATE : billmullins.wordpress.com appears to have deleted the following post IObits Advanced Systemcare free 3 installs spyware and more.

IObit’s Advanced SystemCare Free 3.7 Installs Spyware And More! | Bill Mullins' Weblog Ė Tech Thoughts

I am therefore editing/updating this post.

212eta is offline Windows Enthusiast

Thumbs down

After stealing MBAM Signatures, IObit lost many users.
    Now, it went a step further down...

DeborahJ is offline Senior Member

Some people will go down to any level!

IObit is offline New Member

IObit Never Force Users to Install Toolbar

In recent released IObit products, there is an option to choose installing IObit Toolbar with Yahoo! Search, to let our users quickly access security and system functions, in the installation process. You can easily uncheck the toolbar, ignore it, and go on with IObit products installation. So, if you uncheck the toolbar box, no toolbar or search engine modification will happen. We find some malicious articles, may from our evil competitors, claim that “Despite my instructions NOT to install – the application continued to attempt to install both programs to Internet Explorer, AND Firefox”. This is totally mis-leading and wrong. Everyone can perform the test and see who is lying.

Moreover, IObit programs will not interfere with the system restore function. Most often, when users failed to restore their computer to a previous date, they can go to Safe Mode to restore their computer with success as some anti-virus programs may block the restore function.

IObit is a reliable software vendor and our software is 100% clean without any spyware, adware, or virus. Our software is tested as "100% safe and secure" by many famous 3rd parties like VirusTotal, CNET, and MajorGeeks.

Just enjoy downloading, installing, and using them in your PC with confidence.

Thanks.
    IObit
    press@iobit.com

Thank you for visiting us and issuing a clarification IObit.

Since Bill Mullins has simply deleted his post, without any explanation for his readers, I am constrained to edit my first post and title.

I have also received a PM from IOBit.

We have contacted the author of the original article and improved that Advanced SystemCare is clean and safe without any spyware, malware and adware. And the original article has been deleted by the author also.

Please see our public statement here at
    IObit Never Force Users to Install Toolbar - IObit.Com Forums

212eta is offline Windows Enthusiast

Bill Mullins deleted his post and apologized for his mistake.

Did it turn IObit into an angel?

Some of us still remember what happened
    with the MBAM Signatures...
    Last edited by 212eta; 18th January 2011 at 08:44.

Elandfan is offline New Member

Updates from Bill, he has posted an article to admit his mistake. Here is the latest post in his blog.
    IObitís Advanced SystemCare Free 3.7 DOES NOT Install Spyware. Quote:
    There are times when you have to fall on your sword, and for me, this is one of those times.

On Friday of last week, I posted an article which laid out a case that IObitís Advanced SystemCare Free 3.7, installed malware on a users machine based on test results (including rough copy), provided to me by an associate who is relatively new to this type of analysis.

The responsibility for posting this false information is mine of course, since I did not perform due diligence prior to posting. If I had, I would have found:

The testing methodology was not up to standard.

The results of the analysis were factually incorrect.

Questions raised following the posting of this article, led me to setup a ďtest of the testĒ, in which ten independent technologists installed Advanced SystemCare in an attempt to duplicate the results. In all cases, the application installed correctly with no indication that malware was part of the package.

In the circumstances, I offer my apology to IObit (whose products I have recommended without reservation, numerous times in the past), and to the readers of that particular posting.

Moreover, I apologize to regular readers who have come to depend on factually correct and unbiased product reviews, and recommendations. In this case, I have let you down.

Bill Mullins

P.S. you can google this blog, cause I can not insert the URL

Corrine is offline Gold Member

I still have no need for the vendor's software on my machine. Here's the link: IObit’s Advanced SystemCare Free 3.7 DOES NOT Install Spyware | Bill Mullins' Weblog – Tech Thoughts

Well, Bill made a mistake and he has accepted it. Anyone one of us could have made a similar mistake.

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Sad that IObit used the wording "evil competitor" in one of the venues when Bill has actually been a regular reviewer/supporter of their products.