Thread: Best free and reliable Firewall for Windows ?

acme is offline Beginner

Smile Best free and reliable Firewall for Windows ?

I just got a new computer with Windows 7 64bit, should I keep the Windows 7 firewall or get another Firewall ? What's the best free one and reliable one?

Thanks,

Shiri

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

Online Armor / Comodo

acme is offline Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by hackerman1 View Post
    Online Armor / Comodo

Thanks, i'll try it.

Shiri

Tarun is offline Beginner

I used to be an avid user of Comodo firewall, but I ditched their products completely. The reason behind that is that, well. Just read their forums or Google them. There've issued SSL certificates to known malware distributors, then later revoked them. The whole thing happens on more than one occasion and was quite shady. Would you trust your computer's safety to such actions? Who's to say that they wouldn't do the same with a known malware program. They mark it as safe, including in their firewall which fools unsuspecting users into allowing it internet access and all chaos ensues.

I'd say give Outpost Security Suite Free a try. I've loved their firewall for years and personally use their Outpost Firewall Pro. I'd post the url but these forums tell me I'm currently not allowed. So just Google for free.agnitum.com or Outpost Free.