Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Corrine
  • 1 Post By HappyAndyK

Thread: My Computer Sending Data To known site.?

bishvabis is offline New Member

Default My Computer Sending Data To known site.?

I am using Window XP Service pack 2 with Firefox .Whenever i opened any website most of the site redirect to basicscan.com which is infected website, and my computer send data to this site. Computer got very slow, I have Avast Professional Version installed, after that i install Malware Bytes and Spyware terminator these 3 Softwares are good. but still whenever i open any page my antivirus software send me notification. successfully blocked access to malicilous site.

Read so many articles, but didn't get any reliable answer. Any Antivirus Expert please help.

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Let's flush your DNS cache and restore the HOSTS file:

Please copy/paste the lines in bold below to Notepad:

@Echo on
    pushd\windows\system32\drivers\etc
    attrib -h -s -r hosts
    echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
    attrib +r +h +s hosts
    popd
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    ipconfig /flushdns
    netsh winsock reset all
    netsh int ip reset all
    shutdown -r -t 1
    del %0

Save as flush.bat to your desktop.
    Double-click flush.bat file to run it. Your computer will reboot.

Note: For Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click flush.bat and select "Run as Administrator".
    LeeW likes this.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Maybe your Hosts file has been hijacked. Please see if How to reset the Windows 7 hosts file back to default. | The Windows Club helps you.

Edit: Just saw Corrines post after posting.
    LeeW likes this.

Yes, those instructions will reset the HOSTS file. However, if the malware hasn't been removed by Malwarebytes or the person's A/V, then the redirects will continue. We need to see if he will return and let us know if there is any improvement.

mONOSEQ is offline New Member

Go to the support forum at malwarebytes.com. Read some of the messages to become familiar with their procedure. Run Hijack This and any other apps they are requesting. You many need to wait for help but they are good about helping. If they are unable to help, which is rare, you will need to format the drive. In the meantime stay off the internet unless it is for help from malwarebytes as your personal information, address book etc. may be going to an unknown individual. Remember that there is no antivirus program that will catch all of the malware. Once the computer is clean read the online reviews for antivirus programs.

It isn't necessary to go to the MBAM forum, mONOSEQ. If bishvabis returns and is still having problems, I can assist him here.