Thread: How to restore Windows 7 to initial state configuration?

pathack is offline New Member

Default How to restore Windows 7 to initial state configuration?

Good morning!

is there a program that allows me to restore my computer to its initial state configuration. In fact I have caught a virus and it has disable components such as audio, windows installer, windows update, Windows Defender, System recovery ... can you see what I'm talking about?

so i just want something miraculous that will allow me to recover everything i lost

PS. I do not have the original CD and the virus destroyed the backup

Thanks

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

If you do not have the original installation media nor any 2rd party backup/ghosting program already installed-with a ready backup nor the OEM drive, then I see little chances of you being able to restore back your computer to it original state.

Perhaps you could try to clean up your PC of malware and then run system file checker and see if it helps you.

iamjoe is offline Beginner

If you want to restore the windows to its initial state if you have a restore point to that stage or you have to use the restore discs .

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by pathack View Post
    Good morning!

is there a program that allows me to restore my computer to its initial state configuration. In fact I have caught a virus and it has disable components such as audio, windows installer, windows update, Windows Defender, System recovery ... can you see what I'm talking about?

so i just want something miraculous that will allow me to recover everything i lost

PS. I do not have the original CD and the virus destroyed the backup

Thanks
    Hi, pathack. It sounds like you've run into one of the name-changing rogues. Perhaps this one: Remove Win 7 Security 2012 (Uninstall Guide)?

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

You can always reinstall with any installation disc of the same edition (e.g. Home Premium) and apply the product key from the COA sticker that is on your PC for activation.

You can also try to reinstall from the recovery partition. Depending on the make of the PC, you need to tap F7, F11 or another F-key. Look at your manufacturers website. there should be instructions.