Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By hackerman1

Thread: Emsisoft Anti-Malware was the top performer in VirusBulletin Test !

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

Default Emsisoft Anti-Malware was the top performer in VirusBulletin Test !

hi !

from Emsisoft: "Emsisoft Anti-Malware was the top performer in VirusBulletin Test"

The highly renowned Virus Bulletin Test has once again given excellent results to Emsisoft Anti-Malware. "Reactive detection" describes how well the software proved in detecting several tens of thousands malware variants that were 1-3 weeks old at the time of the test. "Proactive detection" lays out how many new malware samples were still detected after skipping signature updates for 1 week. Emsisoft Anti-Malware had excellent results that clearly distinguished it from other highly competitive programs. The further in the top right of the picture, the better the software was. Convince yourself here: Although Emsisoft AntiMalware (EAM) like other antivirus-programs missed to get the VB100 award in several tests, just because it missed 1 single malware or detected a false positive, this is REALLY impressive !
    It once again confirms that EAM is a really good Antimalware / Antivirus-program, combine it with Online Armor as firewall and you have a very good security-combination.
    EAM is available in both FREE & PAID versions.
    The only difference is that the FREE-version has no realtime-protection.
    Emsisoft also has a very good support.
    I once got an answer in 4 minutes !
    And that was NOT an automatic reply from a computer.
    I posted my question on their forum and the answer was from the "Chief Developer" himself, the man who really knows everything about EAM...
    WOW !
    Then we had a little "chat" on their forum for a while until my problem was solved.
    Another time it took 12 minutes to get an answer, but then it was late in the evening, (after 9 PM !), and we are in the same time zone as far as i know....
    And that is really no exception, in contrary itīs quite normal, i have never seen anything like it anywhere else before.
    The "Chief Developer" (Fabian Wosar) and other staff is very active on their supportforum, and i have seen many others too getting a very fast reply to their questions.
    We are not talking about days to get an answer, we are usually talking about minutes, or in some cases with a tough problem a few hours !
    Take a good look at that picture !
    Where is your antivirus-program ?
    Last edited by hackerman1; 27th January 2012 at 11:06. Reason: added / clarified about VB100-award
    HappyAndyK and yethz like this.

DustinH is offline Senior Member

This gets me: "The only difference is that the FREE-version has no realtime-protection.". I don't mind paying for AV, but because I DO update my AV daily, MSE seems to be a winner at no cost. Real time protection is a biggie.

If I forget to update my AV, I probably shouldn't be online... Being smart is the #1 protection. It all comes down to the user. If the user turns off auto updates on their AV (why?) and doesn't care what sites he visits or what files he downloads, I can see how EAM would be valuable. AVG, Avast, MSE work great for free AV's - they can even beat a lot of paid AV's. Where is that AV on other tests?

Not saying EAM is bad, but I like having the whole picture before making a conclusion.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

The free version, since it does not have real-time protection, is great if you want to have a 2nd security scanner on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by DustinH View Post
    This gets me: "The only difference is that the FREE-version has no realtime-protection.". I don't mind paying for AV, but because I DO update my AV daily, MSE seems to be a winner at no cost. Real time protection is a biggie.

If I forget to update my AV, I probably shouldn't be online... Being smart is the #1 protection. It all comes down to the user. If the user turns off auto updates on their AV (why?) and doesn't care what sites he visits or what files he downloads, I can see how EAM would be valuable. AVG, Avast, MSE work great for free AV's - they can even beat a lot of paid AV's. Where is that AV on other tests?

Not saying EAM is bad, but I like having the whole picture before making a conclusion.
    i donīt understand what you mean with all that about updating....

EAM is at the TOP in other tests too (not always #1) but EAM always gets very good results.
    i know, iīve read a lot of testreports from different testing organisations the last few years...
    there is some references on Emsisoftīs webbsite, you can also do a google-search yourself.
    EAM was previously named a-squared (a2), so look for a-squared if you want to check a few years back.
    Last edited by hackerman1; 19th February 2012 at 09:50.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    The free version, since it does not have real-time protection, is great if you want to have a 2nd security scanner on your computer.
    the PAID version is also very good to have !
    Why ?
    Because unlike almost all other programs EAM works together with other antivirus-programs !
    The normal recommendation is to only use 1 antivirus-program because using several programs together can cause a lot of conflicts between them.
    But there are also other exceptions, fx. MSE and Avast works well together because Avast (v5) was designed to be able to run together with MSE.

My own triple-combination works perfectly: EAM, MSE & Avast !
    I also use MBAM-Free (without realtime-protection) & Winpatrol.
    Take a look at my signature....