Thread: WinPatrol 2012 Update 1

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Default WinPatrol 2012 Update 1

From WinPatrol 2012 Upgrade: Version 24.1

Version 24.1.2012.0 - January 30th, 2012

Delayed Start

While not everyone had the same experience some folks reported that Delayed Start was no longer working with WinPatrol 2012. This update will resolve this error and give back one of your favorite features.

Hidden Files 64 bit

This update also helps fix a bug in the display of hidden files on 64 bit versions of Windows. It doesn't affect any other versions and has no impact unless you're using Windows 64 bit version. You'll know you have Windows 64 bit if you notice the you have both a Program Files folder and one called Program Files (x86).

Last edited by Corrine; 31st January 2012 at 16:38.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Thanks Corrine. Made the update. I am still working with the 99 cents pro version you once posted.

DustinH is offline Senior Member

How does WinPatrol compare to others? Their site looks like it was built using Netscape Navigator. I don't mind trying another anti-malware program as long as it works.

Thanks!

Corrine is offline Gold Member

WHS, As long as BillP owns/develops WinPatrol, your 99 cent PLUS license will be good.

Hi, DustinH.

WinPatrol is not an anti-malware program. Rather, I would describe it as a system monitor.

-- WinPatrol is a multi-purpose utility designed to increase performance and protect against unwanted changes to your Windows Computer. The program was introduced in the days of Windows 95 and is compatible with every Windows Operating System, including Windows 7. WinPatrol is free for personal use and also has a one-time payment licensed PLUS version.

The features listed below are among the reasons I use WinPatrol, described more fully at the WinPatrol Features page:
    • Delay Startup Programs
    • Track Date/Time Programs are First Detected
    • Prevents Changes to File Type Associations
    • Keylogger Detection
    • Kill Multiple Tasks in One Step
    • Well over Twenty Thousand Program Descriptions
    • Disable Vulnerable Active X Controls