DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Can't Unlock Microsoft Account

Fustrated is offline New Member

Angry Can't Unlock Microsoft Account

Those rocket surgeons at Microsoft made it impossible to recover accounts. My computer "told" me that there was a problem with my Microsoft account. So, I created a new email account whose SOLE PURPOSE was to make that error message go away. The ONLY thing I have used that email account for was to create a new Microsoft account. I have sent a grand total of ONE email (to Microsoft) from that account. There has otherwise been ZERO activity on that account.

Now, Microsoft tells me that the account has been locked for violation of TOS. There HASN'T been any such violation. How can a single email sent to them (automated response) trip such a flag? Anyway, that's not the point, the problem. The only way the account can be unlocked is to get a text message. Here's the "rocket surgeons" part: My landline cannot receive texts. I can't fix this problem UNLESS I BUY A CELL PHONE!

Do I have to create a FOURTH Microsoft account? (the first two are unrecoverable because Microsoft refuses to accept the last used passwords)

Fustrated is offline New Member

Never mind. I went ahead an bought a cell phone. Now that I've been forced to purchase that accursed device (They are tools of the Devil—boowahahahaha!), the problem has been solved. The only use I have for a cell phone is authentication, verification, and taking pictures. Anything else that I can't do on my landline, I can do on my PC. Anything I can't do on my landline or PC, I can now do on my cell. I refuse to pay hundreds of dollars a year for minutes that I can never use. You know what they call people that think nothing of doing that? I can't actually answer that without violating community terms of service, but they are either congenitally challenged, or they have more money than they actually need.

AshishM is offline Moderator =Moderator

There are more ways to recover a locked account without a phone number. You can recover using the alternate email id or use the Authenticator app. However, you will have set it up when you create a Microsoft account.

recover ms account.jpg

I get why it's frustrating but that's something Microsoft follows to keep away the spam.

Melvin Mil is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fustrated View Post
    Never mind. I went ahead an bought a cell phone. Now that I've been forced to purchase that accursed device (They are tools of the Devil—boowahahahaha!), the problem has been solved. The only use I have for a cell phone is authentication, verification, and taking pictures. Anything else that I can't do on my landline, I can do on my PC. Anything I can't do on my landline or PC, I can now do on my cell. I refuse to pay hundreds of dollars a year for minutes that I can never use. You know what they call people that think nothing of doing that? I can't actually answer that without violating community terms of service, but they are either congenitally challenged, or they have more money than they actually need.
    wow fantatic! Glad to hear that your issue is solved now. Carry on!