DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Do we need a Windows Vista SP2, already !?

Vishal Gupta is offline Beginner

Lightbulb Do we need a Windows Vista SP2, already !?

Windows Vista SP1 included plenty of improvements in the areas of Security, Performance & Reliability. While most bugs were ironed out, there appear to be several that still need attending to. Some important, some maybe not so; but nevertheless need fixing.

For example here is one what I cals as the File renaming bug. This bug appears when you try to change a file name, as well as its extension. First make sure “Hide extensions for known file types” option is disabled in “Folder Options“. Now open Explorer and try to rename a file. Type a new name and also change its extension, then click on empty area in Explorer, Windows will show a confirmation dialog box. Click on “Yes” button. As soon as you click on “Yes” button, a weird selection rectangle will be created from the point you clicked on empty area to the “Yes” button location.

There are more such at AskVG.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Great post. Front Page material Thanx !

Thank you so much.

phoenix_abhi is offline Windows Enthusiast

Yes, Its happened several times with me I thought it was some problem of my Mouse, Now I came 2 know that it as a Bug. Thanx VG.

fredharvey is offline Beginner

I would love to see sp2 , I would bet then Vista would be really awesome to use . I like it now but with another sp it would be much better .

A new bug which I found yesterday:

1. Right-click on the Desktop or in the Explorer and select “New -> Shortcut“, It’ll open “Create Shortcut Wizard“.
    2. Now either click on “Cancel” button or press “Esc” key to exit from the wizard and get ready to see the bug.
    3. Again right-click on Desktop and you’ll see a new entry “Undo Apply Properties“. Properties? Which properties? Did we apply any property which we should undo now?
    4. OK. Not a big issue but try to click on this new entry and you’ll be surprised to see an error message:

WTH??? Windows can’t find the new shortcut which I never created. Keep clicking on “Try Again” button and it’ll keep showing the same error message again and again. Now click on “Cancel” button and the “Undo Apply Properties” option will change to “Undo“. Click on “Undo” and it’ll change to “Redo“.

Keep clicking on both these options and enjoy the endless loop unless you End Task of Explorer or log off/restart your system.

Full Story with Screenshots

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

LOL how do you all these things The way you keep finding these small and not-so-small bugs/questionables, is pretty impressive !

^^ Thanks.