DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Start programs with highest privileges in Vista

iMav is offline Gold Member

Default Start programs with highest privileges in Vista

There are two ways (other than disabling it) by which you can bypass the UAC prompt for particular applications:

1. Task Scheduler
    2. Elevate Me

The first method - Task Scheduler, is very useful in case you have scheduled a particular application to run on start-up and it needs the highest privileges. To do this:

Control Panel -> System Maintenance -> Administrative Tools -> Schedule Tasks

The same can be accessed from:

Start -> Administrative Tools -> Task Scheduler

From the scheduler, you need to Create a New Task. The wizard can be accessed from:

Task Bar -> Action (next to File) -> Create Task

Once the wizard opens, give it a suitable Name & Description. make sure that you check the ‘Run with highest privileges’ option. Screenshot:

From the 3rd tab (Actions), select the application that you want to run and choose OK. Screenshot:

This will launch the program (Limewire, in this case) at logon with highest privileges.

Another way to achieve the same is by using the utility called - Elevate Me. It uses the same method but instead of creating application actions to launch on start-up, it creates itself as a task to run on start-up and parses any application that you want should run with highest privileges.

To bypass UAC for particular application using this utility:

1. Download the archive.
    2. Run the install.cmd file.
    3. Right Click on the application and choose Elevate me.

Screenshot:

Download Elevate Me.

Create UAC White List

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Cool tip ! Elevate Me utility looks to be quite a handy tool.