DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Restore Toggle Desktop in Quick Launch Bar.

patricio2337 is offline Beginner

Smile Restore Toggle Desktop in Quick Launch Bar.

Hi mates,

Today im going to teach you how to restore the "show desktop" in the quicklaunch bar. This tip is available from win98 till win vista ^^

Here we go,first of all, we open a text editor (anyone, i preferred notepad), once there, write this:

"[Shell]
    Command=2
    IconFile=explorer.exe,3
    [Taskbar]
    Command=ToggleDesktop
    "

Then, save it as :desktop.scf (actually is "anything".scf, what you need is the .scf ending ^^) anywhere you like it, i use to put it exactly where the original one was:

In Vista: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Intern et Explorer\Quick Launch.

I don´t remember how its named in XP (spanish user here^^) we call it datos de programa, but in English......anyway, I am sure happy will help me here...^^.

Well, hope you find it useful,But i was wondering,can i put something else in that command instead of "toggledesktop"...imaging if i ...^^
    Last edited by patricio2337; 4th November 2008 at 17:58. Reason: size,color(>_<)

tweakwindows is offline Microsoft MVP

^Please use the default color

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

You can also download & try HideDesktopIcons utility. More on that here.

rkonit is offline Gold Member

You can do the same ... I mean restore quick launch shortcuts by executing this command too.

regsvr32 /n /i:U shell32.dll

givnstar is offline New Member

I've used the hide desktop icons utility in the past and really liked it, but I found that if need to hide icons quickly for a screenshot or something, I can right click on the desktop, click "arrange icons by" and deselect "Show desktop icons". I think it pretty much does the same thing anymore.. ?