DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Suppress Icons When Dragging Files?

hurricane51 is offline New Member

Default Suppress Icons When Dragging Files?

I'm new to Vista, having finally made the switch last week.

When I drag files in My Computer using Details view, an icon showing the type of file always pops up. It obscures the folder list for my destination and makes it much more likely to drop the files in the wrong folder.

I haven't yet found a way to suppress this particular icon setting. Can anyone help?

Vishal Gupta is offline Beginner

Afaik its not possible. If I come across any solution, will let you know. May be other members have any working solution?

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Do yourself a favor and don't "drag" files. Use Add Copy To / Move To on Windows Vista Right-Click Menu :: the How-To Geek

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

^ You can also use our Ultimate Windows Tweaker to achieve the same easily or refer our tutorial on this too

hurricane51 is offline New Member

I usually use Ctrl+C or Ctrl+X and Ctrl+V to copy/move files, but when they're in the Windows Explorer list right in front of me and the destination is also right in front of me I will drag them 'cause it's faster.