DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Two tips I've come across for Vista

seti is offline Member

Post Two tips I've come across for Vista

If you are the only person using your pc you can auto login by doing this:
    Go to start menu and type in search netplwiz and enter. This will bring up the User accounts window. There you will see a box with a tick in it and these words users must enter a name and password to use this pc. Un tick the box and when prompted enter your password then click ok. This does not change the UAC just when you start you will go right to your desk top.

If you have Vista SP1 and are happy with it and dont want to remove it and remember that keeping the uninstall files uses between 600-800mb of space you can safetly remove these the following way. click on the search in start and type vsp1cln.exe and press enter. In the box that comes say yes to set it going and these files will be removed.

I have done both of these things and have had no problems as result.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Thanks for posting those tips. I took the liberty to inform some friends on another forum about the SP1 removal tool command. I hope you do not mind. Where did you find it?

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    Thanks for posting those tips. I took the liberty to inform some friends on another forum about the SP1 removal tool command. I hope you do not mind. Where did you find it?
    to be honest my wife found a book with with windows tips in which had been dropped in a car park and gave it to me. I've only looked at it today, so I don't know where it came from orignally as there is no cover

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Nice. Thanks, Seti.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by seti View Post
    to be honest my wife found a book with with windows tips in which had been dropped in a car park and gave it to me. I've only looked at it today, so I don't know where it came from orignally as there is no cover
    Nice, tha's the kind of books I'd like to find.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

rkonit is offline Gold Member

seti is offline Member

thanks for that Ramesh I was wondering about sp2. by the way sp2rc1 has anyone any idea how to get hold of it, because I can't find the download anywhere

v3loc1ty is offline Gold Member

iam happy with sp1 so far..should i save those files in my flash drive even after removing em?

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by v3loc1ty View Post
    iam happy with sp1 so far..should i save those files in my flash drive even after removing em?
    My only advice would be is when you do the downloads and they've completed put thewhole installation onto your flash drive that way if you ever have to reinstall you have it complete. So if you want to put them on your flash drive do it before or they will be gone.