DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Learn How to Change Windows XP Serial Key without Reinstalling

Rahul964 is offline Senior Member

Arrow Learn How to Change Windows XP Serial Key without Reinstalling

If you need to change your Windows r Product Key/Serial key of Windows XP without Reinstalling your present Windows Xp, then here is a Nice Tutorial to change the XP Serial key withour reinstalling:

1. Click on Start menu & Press on “Run”.

In the text box in the Run window, type regedit and click OK. This will open the Registry Editor
    program.

Locate the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > WindowsNT > Current Version > WPAEvents.

4. In the results that appear in the window on the right, locate OOBETimer.

5. Right-click on the OOBETimer entry and choose Modify from the resulting menu.

6. Change at least one digit in the Value data text box and click OK. This will deactivate Windows XP.

7. Close Registry Editor.

8. Again Click on Start menu and then Run.

9. Type the following command and click OK.

%systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a

10. When the Windows Product Activation window appears, choose Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to activate Windows and then click Next.

11. Click Change Product Key, Type your new, valid Windows XP product key in the New key text boxes and then click Update.

12. If you’re taken back to the previous screen and prompted, choose Remind me later.

13. Restart your PC

“Always buy Legal Copy of any Software from their respective owners only”.

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

Good tutorial, thank god there is not such any issues of changing keys is with Vista.....but i think if you are genuine, then there is no need to do so....the SP3 integreated discs of XP also have system of online key activation as such as Vista and seven have.....

Rakesh is offline Beginner

good trick.
    great job thnxs for sharing

Ganesh is offline Beginner

cool trick.....

seti is offline Member

I think you should be very careful with changing the product key and be warned that there are many fake sites out there claiming to be able to do this. While this is a well written post, my advice would be do not change your product key, if you need to activate your product and you have used your key a number of times contact the free-phone number from Microsoft and follow the instructions....otherwise never do so.

SysOp is offline Forum Admin

Why would someone using a Genuine, non-pirated, licensed Windows will ever need to do that?

seti is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by almighty View Post
    Why would someone using a Genuine, non-pirated, licensed Windows will ever need to do that?
    If you ever have problems with the it that can not be resolved any other way aprt from a clean installation, then you would need to do that. It is also recommended that at least once a year, after a complete back that you do a complete re-install to re-start things, this is something that I personally do.

SysOp is offline Forum Admin

What you are talking about is a clean re-install.

What the OP is talking about is exactly opposite - how to avoid a re-install.

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

yes if u have a genuine key y would any one go for changing the key again if he has a legit key

merrick is offline New Member

i've known this technique used for anything other than your pirated key being found out by sp2 and having to change product key

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast