DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: [How To] Disable Error reporting in Windows 7 RC

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

Default [How To] Disable Error reporting in Windows 7 RC

I have been always installing and testing software which are compatbile with the Windows RC,but some time i do get some errors and some compatiblity issues.So even you might encounter the same and do get Error Reporting pops up.So next what you would do is go to Action Center and fix the errors.One more way of disabling the error pops is using Group Policy method.

Steps to disable Error Reporting

•Give yourself Adminstrative Priviledges first.If you have given proceed.
    •Open Local Group Policy Editor by typing gpedit.msc in the Start Search and hit Enter.
    •Now go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Systems > Internet Communication Management > Internet Communication Settings from the left sidebar.
    •From the main window, select Turn Off Windows Error Reporting and Enable it and your done.

Read the rest with screen shots..

seti is offline Member

I used to think that turning off error reporting was a good thing and always turned it off, until a friend told me that if you do that MS have know way of knowing what is causing problems and prevents them form finding solutions to them. As they do not contain any personal details I send them now.

Corrine is offline Gold Member

Me too, Seti.

knightrider™ is offline Gold Member

but if u r annoyed for a while and can figure out to fix the prob yourself you can do this else no worries... i love tweaking so trying out one at a time ..

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

thanks for this tip knightrider, but i keep this service running cozz if i recieve any error i report it to MS, it might help MS...