Thread: How to Fix common Windows PC problems

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Thumbs up How to Fix common Windows PC problems

Having trouble with your computer? Even if you don't know a computer language, you can solve several common PC problems on your own.

A nice article from Microsoft for beginners, which addresses common PC problems which a Windows user may face.

Fix common PC problems

... and then there's always FixWin

nitinagarwal1988 is offline Microsoft MVP

well the site is very useful to bookmark. but why to fear when we are here....

We Repair almost every type of Microsoft Windows.

riteshtechie is offline Software Developer

Yeah TWCF rocks... :P

amily is offline New Member

Hmm,I will bootmark it

512Mbytes is offline New Member

BookMark. Will try it

satyamy is offline Beginner

ya nice tuts by MS.... and has lots of common issues solution

thanks for sharing....

TexasKat is offline New Member

Smile

I don't know exactly where to post this so please be patient with me. I have never had very much luck in forums before and I am hoping and praying that this one will be different.
    This is the problem that I have and I have tried several fixes that I read to do but nothing fixed the problem.

I right click on a file sometimes .gif, .jpeg, etc. I then want to choose a particular program to open that file with. When I try to choose a default program it tells me that there is not an association with this file and to install a program that will open it. I have lost the right to right click and choose "open with" go down the list and choose to set a default program to take care of the problem and it won't let me. Please someone help me. Outside of doing a total recovery I don't know what else to do...

Sincerely,
    TKat

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by TexasKat View Post
    I don't know exactly where to post this so please be patient with me. I have never had very much luck in forums before and I am hoping and praying that this one will be different.
    This is the problem that I have and I have tried several fixes that I read to do but nothing fixed the problem.

I right click on a file sometimes .gif, .jpeg, etc. I then want to choose a particular program to open that file with. When I try to choose a default program it tells me that there is not an association with this file and to install a program that will open it. I have lost the right to right click and choose "open with" go down the list and choose to set a default program to take care of the problem and it won't let me. Please someone help me. Outside of doing a total recovery I don't know what else to do...

Sincerely,
    TKat
    Try this application and see if it will resolve the issue. It's a common problem. Could be from a application that you have installed in the past that is trying to take over as default but not completing the process.
    Fix File Associations with File Association Fixer for Windows 7 & Vista | The Windows Club

TexasKat is offline New Member

Smile LW

Thank you for much for replying to me but I did do this several times and even went into the registry myself with information on what to do and none of it worked. I ended up having to go and do a repair. Thanks again so much.

Kat

rkonit is offline Gold Member

I'm here...

Windows Club can troubleshot almost everything...