DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Hide Live Messenger & Live Mail in notifications area in Windows 7.

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

Default Hide Live Messenger & Live Mail in notifications area in Windows 7.

Windows 7 only

Are you are fed up with having Messenger or mail open on your task bar and want to revert back to the good old days of XP and Vista with them nicely hidden in your notifications?

Then this is for you...

Make sure the programs are closed before you start.

If you right click on the programs short cut or executable file then go to "Properties". Then click on the "Compatibility" tab and select the "Run this program in compatibility mode for." box.
    Select "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)" from the drop down menu and finally select "OK".

This will put Live Messenger in the notifications but for live mail you will then need to right click on the notifications icon and select "Hide window when minimized".

Note: The Live mail option "Hide window when minimized" only becomes available when running in Compatibility Mode.

I hope this helps some one as I have been trying to tweak this for a while now and I am happy to have found a solution.
    Last edited by johnny.rotton; 1st March 2010 at 13:44.

Max_Payne is offline Senior Member

It's enough ridicolous that MS programs are not fully compatible with new Win7 taskbar features.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Very nice and a useful tip. This is one of the first things I do. I def prefer to have my Msngr and Mail minimizing to the notifications area.

Thanks!

The Black Manba is offline Beginner

I really like that tips since I always keeps my live messeger and live mail open. I will definetly give it a try.