DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Make Windows Update download updates for all Microsoft products

LeeW is offline Gold Member

Post Make Windows Update download updates for all Microsoft products

You can use Windows Update to check for updates to other Microsoft products & software like Office, too, by enabling the Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows option.

For those that don't know Windows Update does more than just update your Microsoft Software. You can optionally change your settings in Windows and make it check for other Software\Hardware installed on your computer. If you would like to enable this option change the settings in the following Tutorial.

Goto Start Menu\Control Panel\Windows Update and Click Change Settings on the Left

From there make sure Give me updates for Microsoft products and check for new optional........... is checked. If this option isn't checked check it

You will then be well on your way to insuring that you receive the latest Updates for (most) of your computers needs

Windows 10 users can open Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update > Update Settings > Advanced options.

Here select the Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows.

Not every device manufacturer uses Windows Updates, though the majority do. Be sure to keep a check on your Update History to make sure you are being updated
    Last edited by LeeW; 16th June 2010 at 00:13.