Thread: How to enable the full 4 GB RAM Windows 7 Ultimate?

kartik is offline New Member

Default How to enable the full 4 GB RAM Windows 7 Ultimate?

I have tried this feature on my Windows 7[32 bit] laptop but the limit is still 3.5gb.

How can i enable the 4gb ram using this Ultimate Windows Tweaker software ?

Thank you in advance

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

You probably can't since you apparently have other users that need the 500MB of address space. This whole thing is a hoax. If you want to stay out of trouble, leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    You probably can't since you apparently have other users that need the 500MB of address space. This whole thing is a hoax. If you want to stay out of trouble, leave it alone.
    Alright, that means the 500mb is taken for other usage such as GPU ?

About the bolded part, many people has warned of this issue.

So, i guess i better leave the RAM as 3.5gb.

Thank you

johnny.rotton is offline Gold Member

This is a very strange tweak I never got it to work on my 32 bit Vista.
    If it makes you feel better I have Windows 7 64 bit with 7GB of Ram and I never see it go over 3.5GB even when gaming.

I would suggest getting yourself a new 4GB Flash drive and using the "ReadyBoost" feature if you want a little more speed out of your 32 bit system.

LeeW is offline Gold Member

I would suggest getting yourself a new 4GB Flash drive and using the "ReadyBoost" feature if you want a little more speed out of your 32 bit system.
    I agree completely

I feel better when you say that the usage never goes over 3.5GB.

Thank you for the suggestion. I do have a plenty of flash drive lying around here.

I would try the "Readyboost" feature.

whs

Quote Originally Posted by johnny.rotton View Post
    This is a very strange tweak I never got it to work on my 32 bit Vista.
    If it makes you feel better I have Windows 7 64 bit with 7GB of Ram and I never see it go over 3.5GB even when gaming.

With 4, or even 3.5GBs of available RAM there will be practically no paging activity - thus no performance advantage with Ready Boost. That can be easily checked in Resource Monitor > Memory tab > Hard Fault column. I bet it is mostly zero.
    Besides, even on systems with less RAM you need a very fast stick with access times in the 1ms range to have any effect. And those sticks are not common.

vishaljain is offline New Member

Hi,

Reading this post and subsequent replies has left me wondering if I should increase RAM on my system.

I am on Win7 Ultimate 32-bit 2GB RAM. I do 3D graphics for a living. Reason I had to go for 32-bit was some software issues best left alone.

I was thinking of ordering 8GB to boost up the system performance. Is it advisable? Or should I first upgrade the processor/motherboard and then increase RAM?

Briefly, my system looks like this:
    3.20 gigahertz Intel Pentium D
    16 kilobyte primary memory cache
    2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (2 total)
    Board: Intel Corporation D102GGC2 AAD42789-204

whs

Quote Originally Posted by vishaljain View Post
    Hi,

Reading this post and subsequent replies has left me wondering if I should increase RAM on my system.

I am on Win7 Ultimate 32-bit 2GB RAM. I do 3D graphics for a living. Reason I had to go for 32-bit was some software issues best left alone.

I was thinking of ordering 8GB to boost up the system performance. Is it advisable? Or should I first upgrade the processor/motherboard and then increase RAM?

Briefly, my system looks like this:
    3.20 gigahertz Intel Pentium D
    16 kilobyte primary memory cache
    2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    64-bit ready

Multi-core (2 total)
    Board: Intel Corporation D102GGC2 AAD42789-204
    With a 32bit system, 8GBs of RAM is a waste of money. You can at best expect to use 3.5GBs. On the other hand, for 3D graphics, you want to have as much RAM as possible. So unless you find a way to switch to 64bit, you are caught between a rock and a hard place. An upgrade to 3 or 4GBs would make sense in your current situation. But that is the maximum.