DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Network Activity Indicator utility for Windows 7

vasudev is offline Moderator

Default Network Activity Indicator utility for Windows 7

If you are missing the Network Activity Indicator feature in Windows 7 and want it to see in Windows 7, there’s a utility for it, created by Igor Tolmachev.

Network Activity Indicator for Windows 7 - displays the old 'two monitors' icon in Windows 7 that flashed blue to show network activity on the System Tray.
    Earlier when it was released as XP Style indicator, I had also blogged about it. XP style Network Activity Indicator for Windows 7
    Unlike the original Windows XP utility (that has individual indicators for each interface), this program indicates outgoing and incoming network packets on all available interfaces.

You can get it from Network Activity Indicator for Windows 7 - IT Samples It consumes just around 1.5MB of RAM This utility is released as freeware.

BTW here's some interesting thought :

If you have moved from Windows XP to Windows 7 , you might be wondering why there’s no Network Activity Indicator in Windows 7.

Here’s the answer – check this small ‘But Why’ video explaining the same.

No Network Activity Indicator in Windows 7: But Why?

(Source: meraTechPort)

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Good to see some sort of an explanation !

AHS0 is offline Senior Member

Just a brief question about missing Windows Explorer icon in windows 7, which is just right after IE8 icon in the taskbar. I mistakenly unpinned it from my taskbar!
    How to make it back?
    Thx.

haha, I just found out. I asked dumb question! Just open a folder and then Windows Explorer will appear on the Taskbar!

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Yeah, but it will disappear once you close it. Type Windows Explorer in start search and right click on the program icon and select Pin to Taskbar to pin it!

HappyAndyK, very much thanks for your nice tip! And I was enough clever to pin it on the Taskbar, by the time I had a folder open on my desktop. I liked your tip.