DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: Printing multiple files from a list

muhammadal is offline New Member

Default Printing multiple files from a list

Hello,
    I am trying to print a lot of documents; the files to be printed are of two typesí .jpg and .txt.
    There are about a thousand folders each contains a number of JPG and TEXT files, also each folder has a unique ID. I have to print all the folders content in an order as given in a list.

What I am doing is that First I copy the unique ID of folder from the list, then search it in Windows explorer, then I open the searched folder, print the jpeg files by using CTLA+A and by batch printing them using windows right click shell menu, the TEXT files canít be printed this way, so all of them have to be opened and then printed.

I think there has to be a better solution for this job. Please help if you think that I can automate this process. I should be able t do this job by providing the main folder name and the list of serials to a module.

john woo is offline New Member

The problem isn't that the names are being run together when your program reads them in. It's that the names are being run together when your program writes them to the file. (If you look at the file in Notepad you'll see that all of the names are jammed together on one line.)