DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soluto: Any opinions?

japp is offline Gold Member

Default Soluto: Any opinions?

Came across this:
    Frustrated by your sluggish and unresponsive PC?

Soluto is bringing an end to PC user frustration with transparency, killer technology, and your help.

Soluto

Are there anyone having opinions about this program if it's a goodie or not?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

I have not tried it, but there was talk of it here earlier. Now that you have bought it up again I will probably check it out this weekend!

TeXaCo is offline Windows Enthusiast

I have used it and it definitely is pretty cool and it works. It allows you to see what is slowing down your computer at startup and make changes to it.

With that said, It really is only needed for a few start ups. Once you get the startup under control. You can stop it from starting itself up and only use it every so often. Unless you do alot of installing and uninstalling apps.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
    I have not tried it, but there was talk of it here earlier. Now that you have bought it up again I will probably check it out this weekend!
    Looking forward to your opinions.
    I have installed it but haven't gotten into it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TeXaCo View Post
    I have used it and it definitely is pretty cool and it works. It allows you to see what is slowing down your computer at startup and make changes to it.

With that said, It really is only needed for a few start ups. Once you get the startup under control. You can stop it from starting itself up and only use it every so often. Unless you do alot of installing and uninstalling apps.
    Thanks.

I'm giving it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by L.W View Post
    I have used it in the past and honestly I have nothing but good things I could say about it. If you are looking to speed up a computer that needs it, yes Soluto is worth it.
    Sounds good.
    I'm testing it out.

mariotrz is offline Beginner

Default Soluto

I'm using it and it really reduces boot time by not loading software one chooses not to load immediately. There is one thing I could not make it work, unless I did something wrong: all software I choose to load later, DOES NOT GETS LOADED LATER BY SOLUTO. It must be done automatically by Soluto, otherwise what's the point in delaying the load, if one has to do it manually?

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

^ Even I noticed this ... although I am not sure ....

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

you can use WinPatrol to delay the start of programs, in order to speed up the boot process.
    it also offers VERY good security.
    best of all: itīs FREE !
    there is also a paid version with some extra security

WinPatrol is an "absolutely needed" program, it has saved my A-S-S more then once...

BillP Studios - WinPatrol

DustinH is offline Senior Member

I tried it out, and it worked. Microsoft used to have a program that would run and tell you which programs took the longest to load at startup, but you had to do the rest. Soluto was more automatic and had a lot more features. It did allow me to find out what made startup slower, but once I got my system up and running without those processes, I uninstalled the program. It has it's purpose and it works just fine, but once the tuning is done, it's another program that just sits there for months until I need to use it again. I'd prefer a portable app that does the same.

But, it still works, and it is well worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast