DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By taylorose
  • 1 Post By Capt.Jack

Thread: Tips on recovering deleted file and folder in Windows

taylorose is offline New Member

Default Tips on recovering deleted file and folder in Windows

Oh,no… I didn’t mean to delete the file” It happens to everyone in our daily life. Stray mouse click “Delete” or just mistakenly finger something wrong, a conference report you just spend hours creating is gone. Isn’t it frustrated?

From Recycle Bin
    First, don’t panic. Check out your Recycle Bin. When a file or folder is deleted from your computer, it is not really deleted permanently. It is removed to the recycle bin. Double-click on the Recycle Bin icon, in the window, find out your deleted file and click “Restore this item” on the menu bar. The file will be restored to its previous location.
    If you emptied the Recycle Bin or used Shift+Delete to erase the file, the above trick will not work. Yet it also can be recoverable for file and folder are still not really deleted, you just lose the entry in my computer. The content still exists on the hard disk and the space can be available by other files though. If the space isn’t occupied by other files, you can get back files and folders.
    Source: How to Get Back Deleted Files and Folders from Windows - wikiHow
    Last edited by Capt.Jack; 16th June 2011 at 16:41.
    japp likes this.

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

Are you Maggiena Smith? Because I remember reading this article on Article base
    Last edited by Capt.Jack; 15th June 2011 at 15:47.
    HappyAndyK likes this.

taylorose is offline New Member

I don't know Maggiena Smith, I got this article from wikihow.

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

We appreciate you posting the information. But when you post an article from another website please post the first 3 or 4 lines then post the link to the source that's proper post etiquette.

Thanks for understanding.
    Last edited by Capt.Jack; 16th June 2011 at 16:48.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Here is another way that works in Vista and Win7: http://forum.thewindowsclub.com/wind...-explorer.html