DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By whs

Thread: What is clipboard and how to create problem reports in Action Centre shortcut

prwe is offline New Member

Default What is clipboard and how to create problem reports in Action Centre shortcut

Hi

I have Win 7 and I am really a beginner in many ways to it and generally.

What is the clipboard what does it do can I see it
    Also can I get a shortcut for problem reports in Action Centre

thank you

prwe

japp is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by prwe View Post
    Hi
    I have Win 7 and I am really a beginner in many ways to it and generally,Wjhat is the clipboard what does it do can I see it

thank you

prwe
    "The clipboard is a set of functions and messages that enable applications to transfer data. Because all applications have access to the clipboard, data can be easily transferred between applications or within an application."
    You can't see the clipboard, but each time you copy a file (ctrl+c) the copy is stored on the clipboard. It can only store 1 file so every time you copy the previous will be overwrtitten. When you paste (ctrl+v) it's the copy from the clipboard.

There are third party programs that can store several items on the clipboard; some only text files, others both text- and picture files. I use Clipboarder (Clipboarder Gadget) myself which stores both text- and picture files.

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

As to your second question: there should be a shortcut of the action center in your tasktray (bottom right next to the clock). It looks like a little flag on a golf course. If you do not see it there, click on the little arrow that is in this area too.

Elmer B. likes this.

prwe is offline New Member

Hello
    Thanks whs for your very clear descriptiomn of the clipboard
    I have seen Action Centre but I wanted to get was a shortcut to bypass AC and directly open problem reports because at the moment you have to go through three steps before you can see them viz AC\Maintenance\Reliability history\view problem reports.So it would be simpler to have a shortcut
    again thanks
    prwe