DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By whs

Thread: Use Toolbars and get rid of this clutter

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Default Use Toolbars and get rid of this clutter

I do not like my desktop all cluttered up with icons. The Quick Launch in Vista, the taskbar in Windows 7 or a dock are of limited help because you can only put a limited number of shortcuts there - plus they are not easy to structure into topics.

If you have many program, website and folder shortcuts, Toolbars are really helpful. Watch my little video and you will know what I mean.

Corrine and energetika like this.

Corrine is offline Gold Member

I've been using this method for years, with everything nicely organized in custom folders. After all, the only time I see the desktop is when shutting down or after logging in. Otherwise, there is always some program open. Why minimize whatever is open to access a shortcut when they are all a click away?

One thing I do a bit differently is hide all Desktop icons. They are all accessible via my Desktop Toolbar. To do this, merely right-click on the desktop, select View and Uncheck "Show desktop icons".

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Corrine, I usually have only 2 dwsktop items - the recycle bin and the toolbar repository folder. The other stuff you see in the video is there only for demo purposes. And the sidebar I keep only on my Win7 x86 systems - not on my x64 systems.

japp is offline Gold Member

I'm using Coolbarz. It fades in so my desktop is clean when I don't use it.

Coolbarz