Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Software to Increase PC performance?

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jerrilucas View Post
    In case if the problem persists then you cant take help of third party PC optimizer to enhance the speed. There are several companies which had already launched their software in the market, just choose anyone of them, more or less all are same.
    Hi !

Its a wellknown fact that those "optimizers" usually does more harm than good....
    So do NOT use them !

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

I found those actions most helpful:

1. Install the OS on a 60GB SSD

2. Reinstall the OS periodically from an early image that you took right after the initial installation

3. Avoid installing and uninstalling programs that you do not really need - do this (e.g. for testing) in a seperate virtual machine. Else your winsxs folder will unnecessarily grow and you will be dragging a lot of useless stuff around (including registry entries and temporary files)

4. If you uninstall programs, use the advanced option of Revo and cleanup after the uninstaller.

I am not a great fan of those optimizing programs. If Capt. Jack says that these Tuneup utilities are OK, I trust his word. But I would still use them sparingly.

Micheall is offline New Member

I am Personally Using TunePRO360 Software this TunePRO360 - PC optimization software which really help to clean and optimize Your computers for optimal performance..Download this Software from TunePRO360 Website.

Janna is offline New Member

I'd recommend SpyHunter for it can provide real-time protection for my computer and will scan my system for harmful Registry entries, Root Certificates and Program Files. It is able to dectect some malware that other anti-malwares are unable to catch

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Janna View Post
    I'd recommend SpyHunter for it can provide real-time protection for my computer and will scan my system for harmful Registry entries, Root Certificates and Program Files. It is able to dectect some malware that other anti-malwares are unable to catch
    The topic of this thread is "Software to Increase PC performance?", not Antimalware-programs !
    Stay on topic.

And SpyHunter is "dangerous" software:

"SpyHunter by Enigma Software Group USA, LLC is a program that was previously listed as a rogue product on the Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products List because of the company's history of employing aggressive and deceptive advertising 1.
    It has since been delisted but some users have reported they still engage in deceptive advertising 2.
    Newer versions of SpyHunter apparently install it's own "Compact OS" and uses Grub4Dos loader 3 to execute on boot up.
    The user no longer sees the normal Windows boot menu but instead sees the GRUB menu.
    In some cases this has caused the computer goes into a continuous loop when attempting to boot. 4,
    "
    spyhunter vs malwarebytes vs iobit - Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware Software

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12