Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Software to Increase PC performance?

Rumesh is offline New Member

Default Software to Increase PC performance?

Hello Everyone,
    I'm looking for software to increase my PC performance as well as disc cleanup. So please give me your valuable suggestion. Is there any other option to perform this task?

Please reply as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Nothing that will really increase PC performance as such; but as a matter of good house-keeping, you may use freeware CCleaner or any one of these free PC optimizers. Also reduce your start-ups. This should be good enough.

But there are a you may want to check out. If you are really looking for some more tweaks - see this post on Make Windows faster.

Capt.Jack is offline Moderator

If your looking for a paid solution I found TuneUp Utilities a good choice. I been testing it for a month it's satisfactory so far. There some nifty little tools that comes helpful. Take a backup of your PC or create a restore point before testing Registry Cleaners because I could cause potential damage to system.

DustinH is offline Senior Member

I have to agree with Capt. Jack - TuneUp Utilities has been a great product for me during testing. I do a lot of that stuff manually, and enjoy doing it manually, so I don't have much of a need for an all-in-one product. But, for those that want a quick and (very) easy way to optimize your PC for the best performance, it works wonderfully. Note: it will make your PC as fast as possible using the hardware you have. There are times when you can optimize the software and not see any improvements, due to low system specs. A faster CPU, more RAM, faster HDD (or even an SSD if your budget allows) can make your PC a lot faster than any software product can.

hackerman1 is offline Senior Member

1. use a ramdisk.
    2. compress your harddisk (system partitition)

TuneUp Utilities is great - but the only thing I don't like about it, is that it runs in the background.

RajeshBind is offline New Member

Hi RajeshBind,
    As you ask you're looking for software to delete temp file, there are lots of famous tool such as CCleaner, MindStick Cleaner etc which having functionality to delete temp, cookies file etc. You have also another option to delete these file without using any third party tool, to perform this task press window key + R and type temp and after that click on 'ok' button, all temp will be display then you can delete these file just by selecting and delete button.

I had used MindStick Cleaner, it is free charge tool so you can easily download it. I don't have remember the exact download path of this software so you could search it in google by MindStick Cleaner keyword.

Pleas mark as answer if this post will help you.

Hmm ... I think Rumesh and RajeshBind could be the same...
    Capt.Jack likes this.

edee is offline Windows Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Jack View Post
    If your looking for a paid solution I found TuneUp Utilities a good choice. I been testing it for a month it's satisfactory so far. There some nifty little tools that comes helpful. Take a backup of your PC or create a restore point before testing Registry Cleaners because I could cause potential damage to system.
    I would agree with using Tuneup Utilities if your going to use an earlier version ....... alot earlier version, but the folks over at TuneUp have gotten silly with themselves and created bloatware. I have tested Tuneup Utilities 2012 for about a week and found it more cumbersome than useful and a program such as this DOES NOT need to run in the background. TuneUp needs to revert back to their infancy when their software was actually good and usefull and start over again.

As far as keeping my system running optimally and I would suggest this to many others, I use a combination of CCleaner and TFC (Temp File Cleaner by Old Timer) because believe it or not CCleaner doesn't clean everything! Also keep your system defragmented (about once a month or so) I see no reason for an all in one such as TuneUp because it's really not necessary when there are better, smaller programs that will do the same thing, faster and better that are also alot cheaper or even better ...... FREE.
    Last edited by edee; 17th February 2012 at 18:09.

jerrilucas is offline New Member

Default Increase PC Speed

Quote Originally Posted by edee View Post
    I would agree with using Tuneup Utilities if your going to use an earlier version ....... alot earlier version, but the folks over at TuneUp have gotten silly with themselves and created bloatware. I have tested Tuneup Utilities 2012 for about a week and found it more cumbersome than useful and a program such as this DOES NOT need to run in the background. TuneUp needs to revert back to their infancy when their software was actually good and usefull and start over again.

As far as keeping my system running optimally and I would suggest this to many others, I use a combination of CCleaner and TFC (Temp File Cleaner by Old Timer) because believe it or not CCleaner doesn't clean everything! Also keep your system defragmented (about once a month or so) I see no reason for an all in one such as TuneUp because it's really not necessary when there are better, smaller programs that will do the same thing, faster and better that are also alot cheaper or even better ...... FREE.

Absolutely there is a tool by which you can improve your system's performance but before using this tool you can perform some basic things which might helps to improve your system's speed. some of the common things are: remove unnecessary files from the system, clean unusable programs, delete temporary files, delete unused icons from desktop and so on. It might be possible that after performing these steps you can easily resolve slow pc speed problem. In case if the problem persists then you cant take help of third party PC optimizer to enhance the speed. There are several companies which had already launched their software in the market, just choose anyone of them, more or less all are same. For more information you can visit:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast