DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: How to Create "Shortcut" in SFX ? Please help me

1nous is offline New Member

Default How to Create "Shortcut" in SFX ? Please help me

hi:
    I have a bortable program.. maded by winrar ( SFX ) it is (*. exe) so when i double Clic it start putting the folder inside its path but SFX can not create a shortcut to this program on Desktop or Start Menu... I will do it manually each time.
    the SFX option ( inside Winrar) have in General>Setup>Run after Extraction.
    I thought that we can make bat file to make the shortcut of program & put it in the Path of "Run after Extraction".
    but I don't know how?? what must I type? what is the correct file Ext. is it bat or vbs or....etc
    please help me I searched google for along time but no answer yet
    I trust your help
    thank you alot

japp is offline Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1nous View Post
    hi:
    I have a bortable program.. maded by winrar ( SFX ) it is (*. exe) so when i double Clic it start putting the folder inside its path but SFX can not create a shortcut to this program on Desktop or Start Menu... I will do it manually each time.
    the SFX option ( inside Winrar) have in General>Setup>Run after Extraction.
    I thought that we can make bat file to make the shortcut of program & put it in the Path of "Run after Extraction".
    but I don't know how?? what must I type? what is the correct file Ext. is it bat or vbs or....etc
    please help me I searched google for along time but no answer yet
    I trust your help
    thank you alot
    Perhaps this will help you: SFX commands: Shortcut

1nous is offline New Member

thank you that was not the thing I asked for
    I knew this but
    Acually I made this in winrar but when I extract the SFX file.. it ignor to make shortcut.. I changed the version of winrar ( went back to old versions) because I could made it in win XP time. in Seven it is not active or!!!
    so I thought that we can make a small bat file we put it inside the folder so when it finished extracting start the bat file in this case it will make shortcut the place I want to put ( sektop or start...etc)
    any way
    that bat file I do'nt know how to make it
    I know that we create a txt note then type something inside save then change the extension txt to bat
    what must I type inside? that is my Question

thank you all