DOWNLOAD: Best tool to repair Windows problems & optimize system performance | Best driver update software for your PC

Thread: How To Enhance Bass In Windows 7 - For Music Lovers

Arun Kumar is offline MVP Alumni

Default How To Enhance Bass In Windows 7 - For Music Lovers

Did you know you can add several enhancements to the music playing on your computer. I am not talking about the equalizers and WOW that comes with WMP or Winamp, neither about VLC Player. This is induced via the operating system. If you need to remove noise or add room correction, you can get it. It works. The best thing is the ability to boost the bass based on a cutoff frequency (I like this one personally). That would be the base music. You can then use your preferred music player to further enhance music.

To go to the enhancements, right click on the speaker icon and select Playback. To enhance bass or to remove noise from music, select the default playback device in the resulting sound dialog box. Click Properties. You will get Speaker Properties. Click on the enhancements tab. If you wish to boost the bass for all system sounds, including any music you play - with or without WMP (maybe from YouTube?), select Bass Boost. Once there, set the cutoff where the lower frequencies will get a gain automatically by Windows (or is it the Sound Card, not sure but it does work). The default 80Hz and 6dB should be fine to give you a better bass. Check it out and let me know if you liked it.

DeborahJ is offline Senior Member

Did not know about this. Thank you for the tip.

Arun Kumar is offline MVP Alumni

My pleasure

jaysonkurt is offline Beginner

ahh! so I have not searched windows 7 that extensive yet to see this nice features..
    thanks!

andrewneil is offline Beginner

Its very informative ..!!! Good post Arun Kumar

whs
    whs is offline Gold Member

Be aware that the sound enhancements eat CPU cycles - and quite a bit.