Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HappyAndyK

Thread: Microsoft Windows 10 - Build 1809 is available to all again

achz is offline Beginner

Default Microsoft Windows 10 - Build 1809 is available to all again

Most will likely know by now that Microsoft pulled Windows 10 Build 1809 upgrade from general distribution because of some users experiencing deleted files after the upgrade.

Well, they've fixed the problem and it's available for download again. I recently completed the upgrade on my own self-built Windows 10 Professional x64 - Version 1803 box and though I did strike a few problems, it appears to be stable enough having now used it for a few days. The ugprade didn't come without problems though and I wrote an article now published at EE that describes the entire process, how long it took and what had to be fixed at the completion of the upgrade.

For those of you considering upgrading, yet are hesitant to do so, I invite you to read this article:

Upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1809 - A documented experience of the entire process

Opening summary: Since Microsoft pulled the upgrade to Version 1809 because of some users experiencing File Deletion errors, people are hesitant to upgrade. Now it's been made available for download and installing once again. This is a documented and timed experience of an upgrade I just did myself.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and I'll answer any as best I can.

Hope it's helpful.

Regards, Andrew

skeezix is offline New Member

I clicked on your link and received a red SCAM notice for my efforts. The alert came from Web of Trust.

I clicked "Get me outta here!"

Just thought you'd like to know...

achz is offline Beginner

Hi skeezix,

I can assure you the link is safe, so it's likely your Web of Trust browser add-on is giving you a false positive.

See here for a scan of the domain by Virus Total: https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/6f2...ec35/detection

Hope that helps

Andrew

Edit: Looked into the Web of Trust add-on user reviews and found an interesting review by a long time user;

Marsha Epstein Modified Oct 30, 2018

WOT used to be wonderful. But they seem to have been taken over by Russian trolls or far right wing conspiracists. They are now marking perfectly safe websites as dangerous (phishing, scam, etc) with red circles warning. All these websites either support union activities or are somewhat left-wing. Several WOT reviewers have stated that these are safe websites and my anti-virus hasn't flagged them, nor has Gmail blocked them. But they persist with their dangerous ratings. So now I can't trust their ratings and I'm going to remove it from my computer.
    Suspect that might explain the Scam notice you got?
    Last edited by achz; 18th November 2018 at 21:44.

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

experts-exchange.com is a safe well-known site ...
    achz likes this.