Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 0xc00000a3 Error Message

  1. #1
    Vee Dell Guest

    Default 0xc00000a3 Error Message

    Something very strange happened this morning. When I booted up I received
    this error
    message:

    Windows - Drive Not Ready
    Exception Processing Message 0xc00000a3 Parameters 0x75D092AO
    0x00000004 0x75D092AO 0x75D092AO

    I can access both my drives, but the message will not go away...I can get
    rid of it
    through Ctrl-Alt-Del but 15 or 20 seconds later, it pops up again.

    Please help. Its driving me mad!!

    Thanks

    Vee




  2. #2
    Malke Guest

    Default Re: 0xc00000a3 Error Message

    Vee Dell wrote:

    > Something very strange happened this morning. When I booted up I
    > received this error
    > message:
    >
    > Windows - Drive Not Ready
    > Exception Processing Message 0xc00000a3 Parameters 0x75D092AO
    > 0x00000004 0x75D092AO 0x75D092AO
    >
    > I can access both my drives, but the message will not go away...I can get
    > rid of it
    > through Ctrl-Alt-Del but 15 or 20 seconds later, it pops up again.


    What do you mean by "I can access both my drives"? How? Can you actually
    boot into Windows?

    You can look up the Stop Error here:
    http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

    If yours matches the MSDN article for 0x000000a3, it seems to point to
    either faulty drivers or bad hardware.

    Did you install a driver? What kind of computer do you have? More details,
    please.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP
    Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
    FAQ - http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ


  3. #3
    Vee Dell Guest

    Default Re: 0xc00000a3 Error Message


    "Malke" <malke@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    news:%23nXlUyz5IHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
    > Vee Dell wrote:
    >
    >> Something very strange happened this morning. When I booted up I
    >> received this error
    >> message:
    >>
    >> Windows - Drive Not Ready
    >> Exception Processing Message 0xc00000a3 Parameters 0x75D092AO
    >> 0x00000004 0x75D092AO 0x75D092AO
    >>
    >> I can access both my drives, but the message will not go away...I can get
    >> rid of it
    >> through Ctrl-Alt-Del but 15 or 20 seconds later, it pops up again.

    >
    > What do you mean by "I can access both my drives"? How? Can you actually
    > boot into Windows?
    >
    > You can look up the Stop Error here:
    > http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm
    >
    > If yours matches the MSDN article for 0x000000a3, it seems to point to
    > either faulty drivers or bad hardware.
    >
    > Did you install a driver? What kind of computer do you have? More details,
    > please.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > MS-MVP
    > Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
    > FAQ - http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ
    >


    Hi Malke

    Thanks for responding. I will check out the link and see if I can fix
    this.
    I have not installed any new hardware or drivers for about a month, and that
    was
    a new DVD Writer which did not need any special drivers or software...
    I am wondering if Windows Update might have upgraded a driver and that
    is causing the problem. What is quite interesting is that Windows has not
    stopped
    and both my drives are working fine including the DVD writer.

    My PC was built specifically for my needs, so it is not a typical brand name
    pc.

    Here is some information on the machine:

    Mainboard : Gigabyte 965P-DS3
    Chipset : Intel P965
    Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2400 MHz
    Physical Memory : 3072 MB
    Video Card : Nvidia Corp NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
    Hard Disk : ST3250820AS (250 GB)
    Hard Disk : ST3250820AS (250 GB)
    DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH20LS10 ATA Device
    Monitor Type : Dell Computer DELL 2405FPW - 24 inches
    Network Card : Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd) Yukon
    88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper)
    Operating System : Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate Professional 6.00.6001
    Service Pack 1
    DirectX : Version 10.00
    Windows Performance Index : 5.3

    Thanks

    Vee



  4. #4
    Malke Guest

    Default Re: 0xc00000a3 Error Message

    Vee Dell wrote:

    > Thanks for responding. I will check out the link and see if I can fix
    > this.
    > I have not installed any new hardware or drivers for about a month, and
    > that was
    > a new DVD Writer which did not need any special drivers or software...
    > I am wondering if Windows Update might have upgraded a driver and that
    > is causing the problem. What is quite interesting is that Windows has not
    > stopped
    > and both my drives are working fine including the DVD writer.
    >
    > My PC was built specifically for my needs, so it is not a typical brand
    > name pc.
    >
    > Here is some information on the machine:
    >
    > Mainboard : Gigabyte 965P-DS3
    > Chipset : Intel P965
    > Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2400 MHz
    > Physical Memory : 3072 MB
    > Video Card : Nvidia Corp NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
    > Hard Disk : ST3250820AS (250 GB)
    > Hard Disk : ST3250820AS (250 GB)
    > DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH20LS10 ATA Device
    > Monitor Type : Dell Computer DELL 2405FPW - 24 inches
    > Network Card : Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd) Yukon
    > 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper)
    > Operating System : Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate Professional 6.00.6001
    > Service Pack 1
    > DirectX : Version 10.00
    > Windows Performance Index : 5.3


    Normally a Stop Error comes on a blue screen, the famous Blue Screen Of
    Death, and prevents you from even getting into Windows. So I'm not sure
    what you've got. To rule out software causes, such as a driver update, do a
    System Restore to before the problem occurred.

    I doubt your new DVD writer has anything to do with this unless you recently
    updated the DVD writing software and have forgotten that. If you did, the
    System Restore should help.

    It certainly won't hurt for you to do some general hardware troubleshooting.

    http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...ardware_Tshoot

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP
    Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
    FAQ - http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ


  5. #5
    Vee Dell Guest

    Default Re: 0xc00000a3 Error Message


    "Malke" <malke@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    news:e2Qajw05IHA.1280@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
    > Vee Dell wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks for responding. I will check out the link and see if I can fix
    >> this.
    >> I have not installed any new hardware or drivers for about a month, and
    >> that was
    >> a new DVD Writer which did not need any special drivers or software...
    >> I am wondering if Windows Update might have upgraded a driver and that
    >> is causing the problem. What is quite interesting is that Windows has
    >> not
    >> stopped
    >> and both my drives are working fine including the DVD writer.
    >>
    >> My PC was built specifically for my needs, so it is not a typical brand
    >> name pc.
    >>
    >> Here is some information on the machine:
    >>
    >> Mainboard : Gigabyte 965P-DS3
    >> Chipset : Intel P965
    >> Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2400 MHz
    >> Physical Memory : 3072 MB
    >> Video Card : Nvidia Corp NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
    >> Hard Disk : ST3250820AS (250 GB)
    >> Hard Disk : ST3250820AS (250 GB)
    >> DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH20LS10 ATA Device
    >> Monitor Type : Dell Computer DELL 2405FPW - 24 inches
    >> Network Card : Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd) Yukon
    >> 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper)
    >> Operating System : Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate Professional 6.00.6001
    >> Service Pack 1
    >> DirectX : Version 10.00
    >> Windows Performance Index : 5.3

    >
    > Normally a Stop Error comes on a blue screen, the famous Blue Screen Of
    > Death, and prevents you from even getting into Windows. So I'm not sure
    > what you've got. To rule out software causes, such as a driver update, do
    > a
    > System Restore to before the problem occurred.
    >
    > I doubt your new DVD writer has anything to do with this unless you
    > recently
    > updated the DVD writing software and have forgotten that. If you did, the
    > System Restore should help.
    >
    > It certainly won't hurt for you to do some general hardware
    > troubleshooting.
    >
    > http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...ardware_Tshoot
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > MS-MVP
    > Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
    > FAQ - http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ
    >


    Thanks Malke...if I find out what is causing this...(oh btw, if I try and
    get rid
    of the message, it keeps the same parameters but changes from Drive not
    Ready
    to No disk!!)...I will post here..


  6. #6
    HappyAndyK's Avatar
    HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,547

  7. #7
    Vee Dell Guest

    Default Re: 0xc00000a3 Error Message

    "Vee Dell" <veedell@nospam.webafrica.org.za> wrote in message
    news:0FCBE449-3FA9-4D82-8C3A-D60CB4DB4CC4@microsoft.com...
    >
    > "Malke" <malke@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > news:e2Qajw05IHA.1280@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
    >> Vee Dell wrote:
    >>
    >>> Thanks for responding. I will check out the link and see if I can fix
    >>> this.
    >>> I have not installed any new hardware or drivers for about a month, and
    >>> that was
    >>> a new DVD Writer which did not need any special drivers or software...
    >>> I am wondering if Windows Update might have upgraded a driver and that
    >>> is causing the problem. What is quite interesting is that Windows has
    >>> not
    >>> stopped
    >>> and both my drives are working fine including the DVD writer.
    >>>
    >>> My PC was built specifically for my needs, so it is not a typical brand
    >>> name pc.
    >>>
    >>> Here is some information on the machine:
    >>>
    >>> Mainboard : Gigabyte 965P-DS3
    >>> Chipset : Intel P965
    >>> Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2400 MHz
    >>> Physical Memory : 3072 MB
    >>> Video Card : Nvidia Corp NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
    >>> Hard Disk : ST3250820AS (250 GB)
    >>> Hard Disk : ST3250820AS (250 GB)
    >>> DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH20LS10 ATA Device
    >>> Monitor Type : Dell Computer DELL 2405FPW - 24 inches
    >>> Network Card : Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd) Yukon
    >>> 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper)
    >>> Operating System : Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate Professional 6.00.6001
    >>> Service Pack 1
    >>> DirectX : Version 10.00
    >>> Windows Performance Index : 5.3

    >>
    >> Normally a Stop Error comes on a blue screen, the famous Blue Screen Of
    >> Death, and prevents you from even getting into Windows. So I'm not sure
    >> what you've got. To rule out software causes, such as a driver update, do
    >> a
    >> System Restore to before the problem occurred.
    >>
    >> I doubt your new DVD writer has anything to do with this unless you
    >> recently
    >> updated the DVD writing software and have forgotten that. If you did, the
    >> System Restore should help.
    >>
    >> It certainly won't hurt for you to do some general hardware
    >> troubleshooting.
    >>
    >> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...ardware_Tshoot
    >>
    >> Malke
    >> --
    >> MS-MVP
    >> Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
    >> FAQ - http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ
    >>

    >
    > Thanks Malke...if I find out what is causing this...(oh btw, if I try and
    > get rid
    > of the message, it keeps the same parameters but changes from Drive not
    > Ready
    > to No disk!!)...I will post here..


    __________________

    Hi Malke

    I am not sure what this was, but I did a system restore as you suggested
    and the message has not popped up again.

    Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated.

    Vee
    >



  8. #8
    Malke Guest

    Default Re: 0xc00000a3 Error Message

    Vee Dell wrote:

    > I am not sure what this was, but I did a system restore as you suggested
    > and the message has not popped up again.
    >
    > Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated.


    I'm glad that sorted it for you. Thanks for taking the time to post back.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP
    Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
    FAQ - http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22