Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Old chestnut - Vista forgets folder settings

  1. #1
    DrTeeth Guest

    Default Old chestnut - Vista forgets folder settings

    Hi,



    I have applied the registry files that clear and increase the BAGS
    settings as well as disabling the automatic applying of folder
    templates.

    Vista still does not remember my folder settings (the option is
    selected). The *only* thing that helps is to revert to Windows Classic
    theme. It's not foolproof, but livable with.

    I want to use Aero so has anybody any idea why Aero is part of the
    picture? Only one of my three Vista PCs is affected for some reason.
    --

    Cheers,

    DrT

    ** Stress - the condition brought about by having to
    ** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights
    ** out of someone who richly deserves it.

  2. #2
    Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM Guest

    Default Re: Old chestnut - Vista forgets folder settings

    "DrTeeth" <no-email@tardis.com> wrote in message
    news:hsvfa4hkosfemalustkvudmgkp3ilr3kir@4ax.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have applied the registry files that clear and increase the BAGS
    > settings as well as disabling the automatic applying of folder
    > templates.
    >
    > Vista still does not remember my folder settings (the option is
    > selected). The *only* thing that helps is to revert to Windows Classic
    > theme. It's not foolproof, but livable with.
    >
    > I want to use Aero so has anybody any idea why Aero is part of the
    > picture? Only one of my three Vista PCs is affected for some reason.



    It might be a security program blocking the Registry change it needs to
    make. A few, but not all, of the programs now doing this are:
    Ad-aware's Ad-Watch
    IBM Access Connections
    Kaspersky
    McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware
    Norton AV
    Spyware Blaster
    Spybot> Tools> IE Tweaks
    Spybot- Teatimer
    Spysweeper
    Spyware Doctor
    Windows Defender
    Zone Alarm (free) 6.5 Reported to be fixed in later versions.

    In the case of Zone Alarm 6.5 or Norton 2007 it actually has to be
    uninstalled. Make sure the Windows Firewall is turned on until you
    reinstall Zone Alarm.

    Boot into Safe Mode with Networking and try the change.

    --
    Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
    Do not reply with email


  3. #3
    Ringmaster Guest

    Default Re: Old chestnut - Vista forgets folder settings

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 11:03:20 -0400, "Hobbes" <Hobbes@Calvins.lol>
    wrote:

    >>>Ringmaster:


    >> Ever notice fanboys NEVER have any real answers why Vista is bug
    >> riddled?

    >
    >
    >You didn't answer the question.
    >Name a more stable OS.


    That's called changing the topic. The issue isn't how buggy some other
    OS might be, rather how buggy Vista is, a fact you and other fanboys
    always attempt to deny.
    >
    >Since you believe you are so smart...why is it that you use Vista ?


    I explained why many times. I'll repeat my reasons again. The only
    reason I suffer along with Vista's clumsy behavior is became of my
    choice in Video Editors, Sony's outstanding Vegas which requires
    Windows to run. If Vegas was supported on another platform (it isn't,
    I looked) I would dump Vista in a heartbeat.

    So I have two choices, either accept the torture I put up with daily
    with Vista or switch to a Mac and use the equally excellent Final Cut
    Pro. Since that costs almost four times the price of Vegas and while
    equal in most areas, better in a couple that would require buying a
    Mac, a foolish waste of money since all my current software, a very
    sizeable investment adding up to many thousands of dollars would
    become useless.

    There's also Gamma issues (illustrated in below link) when viewing
    images or video in Mac and Windows platforms.

    http://www.cgsd.com/papers/gamma.web.html

    While I naturally use a NTSC calibrated monitor when doing color
    correction with Vegas capable of displaying real time changes, Mac's
    are more clumsy.
    >
    >Must be because it is the best thing out there.
    >
    >Why aren't you using a Mac ?
    >You do all that video editing...and Macs are supposedly soo good at that.


    Supposedly. Not in reality. Mac users are mainly a cult following.
    While Macs are "good" for video editing, the pro grade software (Final
    Cut Pro) is excessively expensive compared to Vegas. Also using either
    product at it's full potential requires a steep learning curve that in
    some areas exceeds mastering Photoshop for maximum benefit for still
    images. I already mastered Vegas, used it for years, again, a huge
    time waste to repeat the process to become expert at Final Cut Pro.

    In all honestly neither Vegas or Final Cut Pro are the absolute best.
    If money is no object AVID products are the de facto "standard" for
    feature film editing of the Hollywood crowd, many TV programs and
    commercials.

    >Yet you use Vista.
    >
    >You say far more than you intend.


    You don't use logic in your arguments. I'm noticed.

  4. #4
    Hobbes Guest

    Default Re: Old chestnut - Vista forgets folder settings

    "Ringmaster" <bigtop@VistaGeneralCircus.net> wrote in message
    newsfgga493dtbbdccmmibn3m853ao6c421m9@4ax.com...
    > On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 11:03:20 -0400, "Hobbes" <Hobbes@Calvins.lol>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>>>Ringmaster:

    >
    >>> Ever notice fanboys NEVER have any real answers why Vista is bug
    >>> riddled?

    >>
    >>
    >>You didn't answer the question.
    >>Name a more stable OS.

    >
    > That's called changing the topic. The issue isn't how buggy some other
    > OS might be, rather how buggy Vista is, a fact you and other fanboys
    > always attempt to deny.
    >>
    >>Since you believe you are so smart...why is it that you use Vista ?

    >
    > I explained why many times. I'll repeat my reasons again. The only
    > reason I suffer along with Vista's clumsy behavior is became of my
    > choice in Video Editors, Sony's outstanding Vegas which requires
    > Windows to run. If Vegas was supported on another platform (it isn't,
    > I looked) I would dump Vista in a heartbeat.
    >
    > So I have two choices, either accept the torture I put up with daily
    > with Vista or switch to a Mac and use the equally excellent Final Cut
    > Pro. Since that costs almost four times the price of Vegas and while
    > equal in most areas, better in a couple that would require buying a
    > Mac, a foolish waste of money since all my current software, a very
    > sizeable investment adding up to many thousands of dollars would
    > become useless.
    >
    > There's also Gamma issues (illustrated in below link) when viewing
    > images or video in Mac and Windows platforms.
    >
    > http://www.cgsd.com/papers/gamma.web.html
    >
    > While I naturally use a NTSC calibrated monitor when doing color
    > correction with Vegas capable of displaying real time changes, Mac's
    > are more clumsy.
    >>
    >>Must be because it is the best thing out there.
    >>
    >>Why aren't you using a Mac ?
    >>You do all that video editing...and Macs are supposedly soo good at that.

    >
    > Supposedly. Not in reality. Mac users are mainly a cult following.
    > While Macs are "good" for video editing, the pro grade software (Final
    > Cut Pro) is excessively expensive compared to Vegas. Also using either
    > product at it's full potential requires a steep learning curve that in
    > some areas exceeds mastering Photoshop for maximum benefit for still
    > images. I already mastered Vegas, used it for years, again, a huge
    > time waste to repeat the process to become expert at Final Cut Pro.
    >
    > In all honestly neither Vegas or Final Cut Pro are the absolute best.
    > If money is no object AVID products are the de facto "standard" for
    > feature film editing of the Hollywood crowd, many TV programs and
    > commercials.
    >
    >>Yet you use Vista.
    >>
    >>You say far more than you intend.

    >
    > You don't use logic in your arguments. I'm noticed.



    So Vista is the best bang for the buck.
    You choose it over other availiable options...then gripe about it's
    inability to be perfect.

    I've yet to see any software, hardware, conceived idea of man, to be
    perfect.

    The technology is what it is.
    Millions of lines of code running with millions of lines of unknown code
    running on thousands of combinations of hardware...run by millions of people
    fiddling with different things.
    No general purpose PC software will EVER be bug free.
    It is in all probablity mathmatically impossible.

    So you and others might as well accept it.
    It is the fault of the Uncertainty Priciple applied at the human scale.

    Oh...and in your last sentence...you typed "I'm noticed"....lol.

    --
    Hobbes, Tiger Extraordinaire


  5. #5
    Hobbes Guest

    Default Re: Old chestnut - Vista forgets folder settings

    "Hobbes" <Hobbes@Calvins.lol> wrote in message news:g89isi$p5$1@aioe.org...
    > "Ringmaster" <bigtop@VistaGeneralCircus.net> wrote in message
    > newsfgga493dtbbdccmmibn3m853ao6c421m9@4ax.com...
    >> On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 11:03:20 -0400, "Hobbes" <Hobbes@Calvins.lol>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>>>Ringmaster:

    >>
    >>>> Ever notice fanboys NEVER have any real answers why Vista is bug
    >>>> riddled?
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>You didn't answer the question.
    >>>Name a more stable OS.

    >>
    >> That's called changing the topic. The issue isn't how buggy some other
    >> OS might be, rather how buggy Vista is, a fact you and other fanboys
    >> always attempt to deny.
    >>>
    >>>Since you believe you are so smart...why is it that you use Vista ?

    >>
    >> I explained why many times. I'll repeat my reasons again. The only
    >> reason I suffer along with Vista's clumsy behavior is became of my
    >> choice in Video Editors, Sony's outstanding Vegas which requires
    >> Windows to run. If Vegas was supported on another platform (it isn't,
    >> I looked) I would dump Vista in a heartbeat.
    >>
    >> So I have two choices, either accept the torture I put up with daily
    >> with Vista or switch to a Mac and use the equally excellent Final Cut
    >> Pro. Since that costs almost four times the price of Vegas and while
    >> equal in most areas, better in a couple that would require buying a
    >> Mac, a foolish waste of money since all my current software, a very
    >> sizeable investment adding up to many thousands of dollars would
    >> become useless.
    >>
    >> There's also Gamma issues (illustrated in below link) when viewing
    >> images or video in Mac and Windows platforms.
    >>
    >> http://www.cgsd.com/papers/gamma.web.html
    >>
    >> While I naturally use a NTSC calibrated monitor when doing color
    >> correction with Vegas capable of displaying real time changes, Mac's
    >> are more clumsy.
    >>>
    >>>Must be because it is the best thing out there.
    >>>
    >>>Why aren't you using a Mac ?
    >>>You do all that video editing...and Macs are supposedly soo good at that.

    >>
    >> Supposedly. Not in reality. Mac users are mainly a cult following.
    >> While Macs are "good" for video editing, the pro grade software (Final
    >> Cut Pro) is excessively expensive compared to Vegas. Also using either
    >> product at it's full potential requires a steep learning curve that in
    >> some areas exceeds mastering Photoshop for maximum benefit for still
    >> images. I already mastered Vegas, used it for years, again, a huge
    >> time waste to repeat the process to become expert at Final Cut Pro.
    >>
    >> In all honestly neither Vegas or Final Cut Pro are the absolute best.
    >> If money is no object AVID products are the de facto "standard" for
    >> feature film editing of the Hollywood crowd, many TV programs and
    >> commercials.
    >>
    >>>Yet you use Vista.
    >>>
    >>>You say far more than you intend.

    >>
    >> You don't use logic in your arguments. I'm noticed.

    >
    >
    > So Vista is the best bang for the buck.
    > You choose it over other availiable options...then gripe about it's
    > inability to be perfect.
    >
    > I've yet to see any software, hardware, conceived idea of man, to be
    > perfect.
    >
    > The technology is what it is.
    > Millions of lines of code running with millions of lines of unknown code
    > running on thousands of combinations of hardware...run by millions of
    > people fiddling with different things.
    > No general purpose PC software will EVER be bug free.
    > It is in all probablity mathmatically impossible.
    >
    > So you and others might as well accept it.
    > It is the fault of the Uncertainty Priciple applied at the human scale.
    >
    > Oh...and in your last sentence...you typed "I'm noticed"....lol.
    >
    > --
    > Hobbes, Tiger Extraordinaire
    >



    Before it gets pointed out...I misspelled probability and Principle.

    And Vista's spell checker doesn't catch it ... POS software...LOL

    --
    Hobbes, Tiger Extraordinaire


  6. #6
    Hobbes Guest

    Default Re: Old chestnut - Vista forgets folder settings

    "Alias" <iamalias@gmailREMOVE.com> wrote in message
    news:g89jl6$61b$2@aioe.org...
    > Hobbes wrote:
    >> "Hobbes" <Hobbes@Calvins.lol> wrote in message
    >> news:g89isi$p5$1@aioe.org...
    >>> "Ringmaster" <bigtop@VistaGeneralCircus.net> wrote in message
    >>> newsfgga493dtbbdccmmibn3m853ao6c421m9@4ax.com...
    >>>> On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 11:03:20 -0400, "Hobbes" <Hobbes@Calvins.lol>
    >>>> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>>>> Ringmaster:
    >>>>
    >>>>>> Ever notice fanboys NEVER have any real answers why Vista is bug
    >>>>>> riddled?
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> You didn't answer the question.
    >>>>> Name a more stable OS.
    >>>>
    >>>> That's called changing the topic. The issue isn't how buggy some other
    >>>> OS might be, rather how buggy Vista is, a fact you and other fanboys
    >>>> always attempt to deny.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Since you believe you are so smart...why is it that you use Vista ?
    >>>>
    >>>> I explained why many times. I'll repeat my reasons again. The only
    >>>> reason I suffer along with Vista's clumsy behavior is became of my
    >>>> choice in Video Editors, Sony's outstanding Vegas which requires
    >>>> Windows to run. If Vegas was supported on another platform (it isn't,
    >>>> I looked) I would dump Vista in a heartbeat.
    >>>>
    >>>> So I have two choices, either accept the torture I put up with daily
    >>>> with Vista or switch to a Mac and use the equally excellent Final Cut
    >>>> Pro. Since that costs almost four times the price of Vegas and while
    >>>> equal in most areas, better in a couple that would require buying a
    >>>> Mac, a foolish waste of money since all my current software, a very
    >>>> sizeable investment adding up to many thousands of dollars would
    >>>> become useless.
    >>>>
    >>>> There's also Gamma issues (illustrated in below link) when viewing
    >>>> images or video in Mac and Windows platforms.
    >>>>
    >>>> http://www.cgsd.com/papers/gamma.web.html
    >>>>
    >>>> While I naturally use a NTSC calibrated monitor when doing color
    >>>> correction with Vegas capable of displaying real time changes, Mac's
    >>>> are more clumsy.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Must be because it is the best thing out there.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Why aren't you using a Mac ?
    >>>>> You do all that video editing...and Macs are supposedly soo good at
    >>>>> that.
    >>>>
    >>>> Supposedly. Not in reality. Mac users are mainly a cult following.
    >>>> While Macs are "good" for video editing, the pro grade software (Final
    >>>> Cut Pro) is excessively expensive compared to Vegas. Also using either
    >>>> product at it's full potential requires a steep learning curve that in
    >>>> some areas exceeds mastering Photoshop for maximum benefit for still
    >>>> images. I already mastered Vegas, used it for years, again, a huge
    >>>> time waste to repeat the process to become expert at Final Cut Pro.
    >>>>
    >>>> In all honestly neither Vegas or Final Cut Pro are the absolute best.
    >>>> If money is no object AVID products are the de facto "standard" for
    >>>> feature film editing of the Hollywood crowd, many TV programs and
    >>>> commercials.
    >>>>
    >>>>> Yet you use Vista.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> You say far more than you intend.
    >>>>
    >>>> You don't use logic in your arguments. I'm noticed.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> So Vista is the best bang for the buck.
    >>> You choose it over other availiable options...then gripe about it's
    >>> inability to be perfect.
    >>>
    >>> I've yet to see any software, hardware, conceived idea of man, to be
    >>> perfect.
    >>>
    >>> The technology is what it is.
    >>> Millions of lines of code running with millions of lines of unknown code
    >>> running on thousands of combinations of hardware...run by millions of
    >>> people fiddling with different things.
    >>> No general purpose PC software will EVER be bug free.
    >>> It is in all probablity mathmatically impossible.
    >>>
    >>> So you and others might as well accept it.
    >>> It is the fault of the Uncertainty Priciple applied at the human scale.
    >>>
    >>> Oh...and in your last sentence...you typed "I'm noticed"....lol.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Hobbes, Tiger Extraordinaire
    >>>

    >>
    >>
    >> Before it gets pointed out...I misspelled probability and Principle.
    >>
    >> And Vista's spell checker doesn't catch it ... POS software...LOL
    >>

    >
    > You also misspelled "mathematically" and "available". Try Thunderbird.
    >
    > Alias



    LOL

    --
    Hobbes, Tiger Extraordinaire


  7. #7
    Alias Guest

    Default Re: Old chestnut - Vista forgets folder settings

    Hobbes wrote:
    > "Hobbes" <Hobbes@Calvins.lol> wrote in message news:g89isi$p5$1@aioe.org...
    >> "Ringmaster" <bigtop@VistaGeneralCircus.net> wrote in message
    >> newsfgga493dtbbdccmmibn3m853ao6c421m9@4ax.com...
    >>> On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 11:03:20 -0400, "Hobbes" <Hobbes@Calvins.lol>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>>> Ringmaster:
    >>>
    >>>>> Ever notice fanboys NEVER have any real answers why Vista is bug
    >>>>> riddled?
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> You didn't answer the question.
    >>>> Name a more stable OS.
    >>>
    >>> That's called changing the topic. The issue isn't how buggy some other
    >>> OS might be, rather how buggy Vista is, a fact you and other fanboys
    >>> always attempt to deny.
    >>>>
    >>>> Since you believe you are so smart...why is it that you use Vista ?
    >>>
    >>> I explained why many times. I'll repeat my reasons again. The only
    >>> reason I suffer along with Vista's clumsy behavior is became of my
    >>> choice in Video Editors, Sony's outstanding Vegas which requires
    >>> Windows to run. If Vegas was supported on another platform (it isn't,
    >>> I looked) I would dump Vista in a heartbeat.
    >>>
    >>> So I have two choices, either accept the torture I put up with daily
    >>> with Vista or switch to a Mac and use the equally excellent Final Cut
    >>> Pro. Since that costs almost four times the price of Vegas and while
    >>> equal in most areas, better in a couple that would require buying a
    >>> Mac, a foolish waste of money since all my current software, a very
    >>> sizeable investment adding up to many thousands of dollars would
    >>> become useless.
    >>>
    >>> There's also Gamma issues (illustrated in below link) when viewing
    >>> images or video in Mac and Windows platforms.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.cgsd.com/papers/gamma.web.html
    >>>
    >>> While I naturally use a NTSC calibrated monitor when doing color
    >>> correction with Vegas capable of displaying real time changes, Mac's
    >>> are more clumsy.
    >>>>
    >>>> Must be because it is the best thing out there.
    >>>>
    >>>> Why aren't you using a Mac ?
    >>>> You do all that video editing...and Macs are supposedly soo good at
    >>>> that.
    >>>
    >>> Supposedly. Not in reality. Mac users are mainly a cult following.
    >>> While Macs are "good" for video editing, the pro grade software (Final
    >>> Cut Pro) is excessively expensive compared to Vegas. Also using either
    >>> product at it's full potential requires a steep learning curve that in
    >>> some areas exceeds mastering Photoshop for maximum benefit for still
    >>> images. I already mastered Vegas, used it for years, again, a huge
    >>> time waste to repeat the process to become expert at Final Cut Pro.
    >>>
    >>> In all honestly neither Vegas or Final Cut Pro are the absolute best.
    >>> If money is no object AVID products are the de facto "standard" for
    >>> feature film editing of the Hollywood crowd, many TV programs and
    >>> commercials.
    >>>
    >>>> Yet you use Vista.
    >>>>
    >>>> You say far more than you intend.
    >>>
    >>> You don't use logic in your arguments. I'm noticed.

    >>
    >>
    >> So Vista is the best bang for the buck.
    >> You choose it over other availiable options...then gripe about it's
    >> inability to be perfect.
    >>
    >> I've yet to see any software, hardware, conceived idea of man, to be
    >> perfect.
    >>
    >> The technology is what it is.
    >> Millions of lines of code running with millions of lines of unknown
    >> code running on thousands of combinations of hardware...run by
    >> millions of people fiddling with different things.
    >> No general purpose PC software will EVER be bug free.
    >> It is in all probablity mathmatically impossible.
    >>
    >> So you and others might as well accept it.
    >> It is the fault of the Uncertainty Priciple applied at the human scale.
    >>
    >> Oh...and in your last sentence...you typed "I'm noticed"....lol.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hobbes, Tiger Extraordinaire
    >>

    >
    >
    > Before it gets pointed out...I misspelled probability and Principle.
    >
    > And Vista's spell checker doesn't catch it ... POS software...LOL
    >


    You also misspelled "mathematically" and "available". Try Thunderbird.

    Alias

  8. #8
    Hobbes Guest

    Default Re: Old chestnut - Vista forgets folder settings

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 12:30:07 -0400, Hobbes wrote:

    > "Alias" <iamalias@gmailREMOVE.com> wrote in message
    > news:g89jl6$61b$2@aioe.org...
    >> Hobbes wrote:
    >>> "Hobbes" <Hobbes@Calvins.lol> wrote in message
    >>> news:g89isi$p5$1@aioe.org...
    >>>> "Ringmaster" <bigtop@VistaGeneralCircus.net> wrote in message
    >>>> newsfgga493dtbbdccmmibn3m853ao6c421m9@4ax.com...
    >>>>> On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 11:03:20 -0400, "Hobbes" <Hobbes@Calvins.lol>
    >>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Ringmaster:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>> Ever notice fanboys NEVER have any real answers why Vista is bug
    >>>>>>> riddled?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> You didn't answer the question.
    >>>>>> Name a more stable OS.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> That's called changing the topic. The issue isn't how buggy some
    >>>>> other OS might be, rather how buggy Vista is, a fact you and other
    >>>>> fanboys always attempt to deny.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Since you believe you are so smart...why is it that you use Vista ?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I explained why many times. I'll repeat my reasons again. The only
    >>>>> reason I suffer along with Vista's clumsy behavior is became of my
    >>>>> choice in Video Editors, Sony's outstanding Vegas which requires
    >>>>> Windows to run. If Vegas was supported on another platform (it
    >>>>> isn't, I looked) I would dump Vista in a heartbeat.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> So I have two choices, either accept the torture I put up with daily
    >>>>> with Vista or switch to a Mac and use the equally excellent Final
    >>>>> Cut Pro. Since that costs almost four times the price of Vegas and
    >>>>> while equal in most areas, better in a couple that would require
    >>>>> buying a Mac, a foolish waste of money since all my current
    >>>>> software, a very sizeable investment adding up to many thousands of
    >>>>> dollars would become useless.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> There's also Gamma issues (illustrated in below link) when viewing
    >>>>> images or video in Mac and Windows platforms.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> http://www.cgsd.com/papers/gamma.web.html
    >>>>>
    >>>>> While I naturally use a NTSC calibrated monitor when doing color
    >>>>> correction with Vegas capable of displaying real time changes, Mac's
    >>>>> are more clumsy.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Must be because it is the best thing out there.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Why aren't you using a Mac ?
    >>>>>> You do all that video editing...and Macs are supposedly soo good at
    >>>>>> that.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Supposedly. Not in reality. Mac users are mainly a cult following.
    >>>>> While Macs are "good" for video editing, the pro grade software
    >>>>> (Final Cut Pro) is excessively expensive compared to Vegas. Also
    >>>>> using either product at it's full potential requires a steep
    >>>>> learning curve that in some areas exceeds mastering Photoshop for
    >>>>> maximum benefit for still images. I already mastered Vegas, used it
    >>>>> for years, again, a huge time waste to repeat the process to become
    >>>>> expert at Final Cut Pro.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> In all honestly neither Vegas or Final Cut Pro are the absolute
    >>>>> best. If money is no object AVID products are the de facto
    >>>>> "standard" for feature film editing of the Hollywood crowd, many TV
    >>>>> programs and commercials.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Yet you use Vista.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> You say far more than you intend.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> You don't use logic in your arguments. I'm noticed.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> So Vista is the best bang for the buck. You choose it over other
    >>>> availiable options...then gripe about it's inability to be perfect.
    >>>>
    >>>> I've yet to see any software, hardware, conceived idea of man, to be
    >>>> perfect.
    >>>>
    >>>> The technology is what it is.
    >>>> Millions of lines of code running with millions of lines of unknown
    >>>> code running on thousands of combinations of hardware...run by
    >>>> millions of people fiddling with different things. No general purpose
    >>>> PC software will EVER be bug free. It is in all probablity
    >>>> mathmatically impossible.
    >>>>
    >>>> So you and others might as well accept it. It is the fault of the
    >>>> Uncertainty Priciple applied at the human scale.
    >>>>
    >>>> Oh...and in your last sentence...you typed "I'm noticed"....lol.
    >>>>
    >>>> --
    >>>> Hobbes, Tiger Extraordinaire
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> Before it gets pointed out...I misspelled probability and Principle.
    >>>
    >>> And Vista's spell checker doesn't catch it ... POS software...LOL
    >>>
    >>>

    >> You also misspelled "mathematically" and "available". Try Thunderbird.
    >>
    >> Alias

    >
    >
    > LOL


    Something must be wrong with Vista's spell checker.
    I think this happened before ... forget how to fix it.

    Pan works !



    --
    Hobbes, Tiger Extraordinaire

  9. #9
    Hobbes Guest

    Default Re: Old chestnut - Vista forgets folder settings

    "Hobbes" <hobbes@calvins.lol> wrote in message news:g89jv3$9t8$1@aioe.org...
    > On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 12:30:07 -0400, Hobbes wrote:
    >
    >> "Alias" <iamalias@gmailREMOVE.com> wrote in message
    >> news:g89jl6$61b$2@aioe.org...
    >>> Hobbes wrote:
    >>>> "Hobbes" <Hobbes@Calvins.lol> wrote in message
    >>>> news:g89isi$p5$1@aioe.org...
    >>>>> "Ringmaster" <bigtop@VistaGeneralCircus.net> wrote in message
    >>>>> newsfgga493dtbbdccmmibn3m853ao6c421m9@4ax.com...
    >>>>>> On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 11:03:20 -0400, "Hobbes" <Hobbes@Calvins.lol>
    >>>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Ringmaster:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Ever notice fanboys NEVER have any real answers why Vista is bug
    >>>>>>>> riddled?
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> You didn't answer the question.
    >>>>>>> Name a more stable OS.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> That's called changing the topic. The issue isn't how buggy some
    >>>>>> other OS might be, rather how buggy Vista is, a fact you and other
    >>>>>> fanboys always attempt to deny.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Since you believe you are so smart...why is it that you use Vista ?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> I explained why many times. I'll repeat my reasons again. The only
    >>>>>> reason I suffer along with Vista's clumsy behavior is became of my
    >>>>>> choice in Video Editors, Sony's outstanding Vegas which requires
    >>>>>> Windows to run. If Vegas was supported on another platform (it
    >>>>>> isn't, I looked) I would dump Vista in a heartbeat.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> So I have two choices, either accept the torture I put up with daily
    >>>>>> with Vista or switch to a Mac and use the equally excellent Final
    >>>>>> Cut Pro. Since that costs almost four times the price of Vegas and
    >>>>>> while equal in most areas, better in a couple that would require
    >>>>>> buying a Mac, a foolish waste of money since all my current
    >>>>>> software, a very sizeable investment adding up to many thousands of
    >>>>>> dollars would become useless.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> There's also Gamma issues (illustrated in below link) when viewing
    >>>>>> images or video in Mac and Windows platforms.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> http://www.cgsd.com/papers/gamma.web.html
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> While I naturally use a NTSC calibrated monitor when doing color
    >>>>>> correction with Vegas capable of displaying real time changes, Mac's
    >>>>>> are more clumsy.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Must be because it is the best thing out there.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Why aren't you using a Mac ?
    >>>>>>> You do all that video editing...and Macs are supposedly soo good at
    >>>>>>> that.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Supposedly. Not in reality. Mac users are mainly a cult following.
    >>>>>> While Macs are "good" for video editing, the pro grade software
    >>>>>> (Final Cut Pro) is excessively expensive compared to Vegas. Also
    >>>>>> using either product at it's full potential requires a steep
    >>>>>> learning curve that in some areas exceeds mastering Photoshop for
    >>>>>> maximum benefit for still images. I already mastered Vegas, used it
    >>>>>> for years, again, a huge time waste to repeat the process to become
    >>>>>> expert at Final Cut Pro.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> In all honestly neither Vegas or Final Cut Pro are the absolute
    >>>>>> best. If money is no object AVID products are the de facto
    >>>>>> "standard" for feature film editing of the Hollywood crowd, many TV
    >>>>>> programs and commercials.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Yet you use Vista.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> You say far more than you intend.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> You don't use logic in your arguments. I'm noticed.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> So Vista is the best bang for the buck. You choose it over other
    >>>>> available options...then gripe about it's inability to be perfect.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I've yet to see any software, hardware, conceived idea of man, to be
    >>>>> perfect.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> The technology is what it is.
    >>>>> Millions of lines of code running with millions of lines of unknown
    >>>>> code running on thousands of combinations of hardware...run by
    >>>>> millions of people fiddling with different things. No general purpose
    >>>>> PC software will EVER be bug free. It is in all probability
    >>>>> mathematically impossible.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> So you and others might as well accept it. It is the fault of the
    >>>>> Uncertainty Principle applied at the human scale.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Oh...and in your last sentence...you typed "I'm noticed"....lol.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> --
    >>>>> Hobbes, Tiger Extraordinaire
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Before it gets pointed out...I misspelled probability and Principle.
    >>>>
    >>>> And Vista's spell checker doesn't catch it ... POS software...LOL
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> You also misspelled "mathematically" and "available". Try Thunderbird.
    >>>
    >>> Alias

    >>
    >>
    >> LOL

    >
    > Something must be wrong with Vista's spell checker.
    > I think this happened before ... forget how to fix it.
    >
    > Pan works !
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Hobbes, Tiger Extraordinaire



    I got it.
    Always check spelling before sending was unchecked.

    Now I'm smart again !

    --
    Hobbes, Tiger Extraordinaire

  10. #10
    Hobbes Guest

    Default Re: Old chestnut - Vista forgets folder settings

    "Ringmaster" <bigtop@VistaGeneralCircus.net> wrote in message
    newsfgga493dtbbdccmmibn3m853ao6c421m9@4ax.com...
    > On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 11:03:20 -0400, "Hobbes" <Hobbes@Calvins.lol>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>>>Ringmaster:

    >
    >>> Ever notice fanboys NEVER have any real answers why Vista is bug
    >>> riddled?

    >>
    >>
    >>You didn't answer the question.
    >>Name a more stable OS.

    >
    > That's called changing the topic. The issue isn't how buggy some other
    > OS might be, rather how buggy Vista is, a fact you and other fanboys
    > always attempt to deny.
    >>
    >>Since you believe you are so smart...why is it that you use Vista ?

    >
    > I explained why many times. I'll repeat my reasons again. The only
    > reason I suffer along with Vista's clumsy behavior is became of my
    > choice in Video Editors, Sony's outstanding Vegas which requires
    > Windows to run. If Vegas was supported on another platform (it isn't,
    > I looked) I would dump Vista in a heartbeat.
    >
    > So I have two choices, either accept the torture I put up with daily
    > with Vista or switch to a Mac and use the equally excellent Final Cut
    > Pro. Since that costs almost four times the price of Vegas and while
    > equal in most areas, better in a couple that would require buying a
    > Mac, a foolish waste of money since all my current software, a very
    > sizeable investment adding up to many thousands of dollars would
    > become useless.
    >
    > There's also Gamma issues (illustrated in below link) when viewing
    > images or video in Mac and Windows platforms.
    >
    > http://www.cgsd.com/papers/gamma.web.html
    >
    > While I naturally use a NTSC calibrated monitor when doing color
    > correction with Vegas capable of displaying real time changes, Mac's
    > are more clumsy.
    >>
    >>Must be because it is the best thing out there.
    >>
    >>Why aren't you using a Mac ?
    >>You do all that video editing...and Macs are supposedly soo good at that.

    >
    > Supposedly. Not in reality. Mac users are mainly a cult following.
    > While Macs are "good" for video editing, the pro grade software (Final
    > Cut Pro) is excessively expensive compared to Vegas. Also using either
    > product at it's full potential requires a steep learning curve that in
    > some areas exceeds mastering Photoshop for maximum benefit for still
    > images. I already mastered Vegas, used it for years, again, a huge
    > time waste to repeat the process to become expert at Final Cut Pro.
    >
    > In all honestly neither Vegas or Final Cut Pro are the absolute best.
    > If money is no object AVID products are the de facto "standard" for
    > feature film editing of the Hollywood crowd, many TV programs and
    > commercials.
    >
    >>Yet you use Vista.
    >>
    >>You say far more than you intend.

    >
    > You don't use logic in your arguments. I'm noticed.



    Come on ... little pup.
    Let's continue.

    If my spelling was bothering you...it's fixed now.

    It's your turn.

    --
    Hobbes, Tiger Extraordinaire


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22