Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Money 2000 and Vista

  1. #1
    Marky P Guest

    Default Money 2000 and Vista

    Hi,



    I've been running Microsoft Money 2000 on my Vista PC for ages now
    with no problems. But all of a sudden, it won't run properly. It
    starts up ok but then closes when you try to do anything in Money. I
    do have a problem with Vista crashing if I try to do a Hard Drive
    error check and wondered if the two were related. The only new
    software I've added recently is Talk Talk modem software, but I can't
    see how that would affect it. Please help.


    Marky P.

  2. #2
    Dominic Payer Guest

    Default Re: Money 2000 and Vista

    I suspect your hard disk is failing. Download and run its manufacturer's
    diagnostic utility.

    Does your event log show any hard disk related errors?



    "Marky P" <bromham_hospital_band@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:3fb3b411pvr54en4esb1o41a5hplf5dqk3@4ax.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been running Microsoft Money 2000 on my Vista PC for ages now
    > with no problems. But all of a sudden, it won't run properly. It
    > starts up ok but then closes when you try to do anything in Money. I
    > do have a problem with Vista crashing if I try to do a Hard Drive
    > error check and wondered if the two were related. The only new
    > software I've added recently is Talk Talk modem software, but I can't
    > see how that would affect it. Please help.
    >
    >
    > Marky P.



  3. #3
    rkonit's Avatar
    rkonit is offline Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pilani, India
    Posts
    1,363

    Default

    Add main executable to DEP exception list

    Goto Control Panel\System and Maintenance\System choose Advance System Setting.
    Now click on Settings button in Performance section and jump to last tab Data Execution Prevention.

    Add the executable and restart PC to take effect.

  4. #4
    Paul Montgomery Guest

    Default Re: Money 2000 and Vista

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:56:23 +0100, Marky P
    <bromham_hospital_band@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I've been running Microsoft Money 2000 on my Vista PC for ages now
    >with no problems. But all of a sudden, it won't run properly. It
    >starts up ok but then closes when you try to do anything in Money. I
    >do have a problem with Vista crashing if I try to do a Hard Drive
    >error check and wondered if the two were related.


    How do you run an "error check" in Windows? It's supposed to run on a
    restart. Choose both options.

    >The only new
    >software I've added recently is Talk Talk modem software, but I can't
    >see how that would affect it. Please help.
    >
    >
    >Marky P.



  5. #5
    Marky P Guest

    Default Re: Money 2000 and Vista

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 14:19:52 -0500, Paul Montgomery
    <i.m.nonnymous@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:

    >On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:56:23 +0100, Marky P
    ><bromham_hospital_band@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I've been running Microsoft Money 2000 on my Vista PC for ages now
    >>with no problems. But all of a sudden, it won't run properly. It
    >>starts up ok but then closes when you try to do anything in Money. I
    >>do have a problem with Vista crashing if I try to do a Hard Drive
    >>error check and wondered if the two were related.

    >
    >How do you run an "error check" in Windows? It's supposed to run on a
    >restart. Choose both options.


    Well, what happened originally is that Windows didn't power up and
    just hanged on the 'microsoft corporation' screen with the moving
    green bar. I had no choice but to turn the PC off and restart. Upon
    restarting, it recommended I did an error check, so I did and it just
    crashed (screen had purple & black vertical lines) and I restarted it
    again. I decided to 'start windows normally' and it loaded up fine.
    But obviously there must be a fault somwhere and I'm sure this is also
    connected to my Money 2000 problem.


    Marky P.

  6. #6
    Marky P Guest

    Default Re: Money 2000 and Vista

    On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 00:45:19 +0530, Ramesh MVP
    <Ramesh.MVP.3enw4g@winvistaclub.com> wrote:

    >
    >Add main executable to DEP exception list
    >
    >Goto *Control Panel\System and Maintenance\System* choose Advance
    >System Setting.
    >Now click on Settings button in Performance section and jump to last
    >tab Data Execution Prevention.
    >
    >Add the executable and restart PC to take effect.



    I did that and Money still closes :-(


    Marky P.

  7. #7
    Paul Montgomery Guest

    Default Re: Money 2000 and Vista

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 21:55:57 +0100, Marky P
    <bromham_hospital_band@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    >>How do you run an "error check" in Windows? It's supposed to run on a
    >>restart. Choose both options.

    >
    >Well, what happened originally is that Windows didn't power up and
    >just hanged on the 'microsoft corporation' screen with the moving
    >green bar. I had no choice but to turn the PC off and restart. Upon
    >restarting, it recommended I did an error check, so I did and it just
    >crashed (screen had purple & black vertical lines) and I restarted it
    >again. I decided to 'start windows normally' and it loaded up fine.
    >But obviously there must be a fault somwhere and I'm sure this is also
    >connected to my Money 2000 problem.


    Nope. CHKDSK ran and then crashed OUTSIDE of Windows.

    You need to try to run it again with both options ticked. It WILL
    take a LONG time to finish, so leave things alone and wait patiently.

  8. #8
    Marky P Guest

    Default Re: Money 2000 and Vista

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 16:51:18 -0500, Paul Montgomery
    <i.m.nonnymous@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:

    >On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 21:55:57 +0100, Marky P
    ><bromham_hospital_band@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >>>How do you run an "error check" in Windows? It's supposed to run on a
    >>>restart. Choose both options.

    >>
    >>Well, what happened originally is that Windows didn't power up and
    >>just hanged on the 'microsoft corporation' screen with the moving
    >>green bar. I had no choice but to turn the PC off and restart. Upon
    >>restarting, it recommended I did an error check, so I did and it just
    >>crashed (screen had purple & black vertical lines) and I restarted it
    >>again. I decided to 'start windows normally' and it loaded up fine.
    >>But obviously there must be a fault somwhere and I'm sure this is also
    >>connected to my Money 2000 problem.

    >
    >Nope. CHKDSK ran and then crashed OUTSIDE of Windows.
    >
    >You need to try to run it again with both options ticked. It WILL
    >take a LONG time to finish, so leave things alone and wait patiently.


    OK. Thanks.


    Marky P.

  9. #9
    kevpan815@noreply.com Guest

    Default Re: Money 2000 and Vista

    Marky P wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been running Microsoft Money 2000 on my Vista PC for ages now
    > with no problems. But all of a sudden, it won't run properly. It
    > starts up ok but then closes when you try to do anything in Money. I
    > do have a problem with Vista crashing if I try to do a Hard Drive
    > error check and wondered if the two were related. The only new
    > software I've added recently is Talk Talk modem software, but I can't
    > see how that would affect it. Please help.
    >
    >
    > Marky P.


    Obtain The Latest Version Of Microsoft Money, Just FYI.

  10. #10
    Joe McElvenney Guest

    Default Re: Money 2000 and Vista

    Hi,

    Re-installation would seem to be the way to go.

    As a matter of interest though, I am new to Vista and have recently
    re-loaded Money 2005. It wouldn't accept my backup files at first
    until I downloaded an update from MS. However, you cannot do this
    unless you are an administrator; not just somebody who has logged on
    as such but one who has 'right-clicked' on the application and
    selected it from the resulting menu.


    Cheers - Joe


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22