Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Save Images - Cannot save images.

Native Rose is offline New Member

Default How To Save Images - Cannot save images.

I am New to Windows Vista. I need to know how to save images that come in e-mails, websites ect. Normally with any other PC I have ever had. All you had to do was right click on the image and a menu would come up where you could save as ect. ect. and that was all to it. But, it's not working with this Laptop. Can anyone help please?
    TIA

HappyAndyK is offline Site Administrator

Which version of Vista? Which laptop? Is it a new laptop. Actually, the way to save images in XP or Vista remains the same. Maybe the right click context menu in your IE has been disabled. It can be enabled back through the Group Policy Editor. Even malware could disable context menu.

Well, what I can suggest is that you download FreshUI. Its freeware and you can get its License code by mail free. FreshUI works on Vista too.

Aftre installing it, run it and go to Applications > Internet Explorer > Internet Explorer Menu Settings > Make sure Enable Context Menu on right side is enabled. If it is not or a red cross appears in fron of it, double click on it and Enable it.

Cool Cannot save images

It is a New Dell..Inspiron 1526..If that helps..Not sure what version.
    hank you for your help :-)

I download the FreshUI and registered..It was suppose to email the codes...and I am still waiting. It's been over 4 hrs. Most everything i have ever registered for like this comes right away. Any suggestions?

I received mine instantly. Pls check up your Junk mail folder. Or try again with a different mail id.

Alternatively, You may also want to check your registry settings.

Open regedit and navigate to key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Inte rnet Explorer\Restrictions

Check the value of NoBrowserContextMenu. If it is set at 1, it means that the restriction is active.

In such a case, right click on NoBrowserContextMenu and select Modify. Here change its value from 1 to 0. Click OK.

Do the same in the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Int ernet Explorer\Restrictions

Reboot.

Default Very Discouraged

I went and checked all my folders..nothing..Then i regeisted with another user name...been and hr. now and still no mail from them. Also, yesterday
    when i download from the link you post..it never ask me to run it. i have no idea what is going on..i do know i am ready to pull out some hair..lol
    I am taking PSP lessons and i have to be able to save images before i can continue. :-(

Pls check your PM Inbox, I have regd for you and sent the code.

Hope it helps.

Ok I uninstalled FreshUI and download again..This time it ask me to run it. I still haven't received the codes after registering in a different user name. After i installed FreshUI
    i went and followed what you said..Applications...I nternet Explorer...Menu Settings
    Made sure Conent Text was enabled. I still can't save images or anything. :-(

I checked my PM inbox..still no codes.

OK, thanks for confirming that you got the PM. Now enter the name and serial some place in the app. Check under Help/About/Register or similar such tab there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast