Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 67

Thread: People just hate Linux

  1. #21
    Bill M. Yanaire Guest

    Default Re: People hate Linux


    "Alias" <iamalias@REMOVEgmail.com> wrote in message
    news:gcg5j3$l2c$1@registered.motzarella.org...
    > Bill M. Yanaire wrote:
    >> "Alias" <iamalias@gmailREMOVE.com> wrote in message
    >> news:gcg43i$4u4$1@aioe.org...
    >>> Mike Hall - MVP wrote:
    >>>> "brummyfan" <brummyfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>> news:2C6DEC98-5D09-4210-8905-DD063F9C90C7@microsoft.com...
    >>>>> There is a computer super store proudly presenting Ubuntu
    >>>>> pre-installed
    >>>>> systems on display in my neighborhood in UK. Well,these are the signs
    >>>>> of
    >>>>> things to come.
    >>>>
    >>>> Those signs will disappear soon enough. People would rather pay more
    >>>> for a Mac..
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> Since when are you a spokesperson for all the people in the world?
    >>>
    >>> Alias

    >>
    >> Since when are you welcome here?

    >
    > I have just as much a right to post here as anyone else.
    >
    >> NOBODY wants to use Ubuntu

    >
    > A lie.
    >
    >> on their machines because Ubuntu is FREE and NBODODY wants it on their
    >> desktop.

    >
    > Another lie.
    >


    OK, maybe I stretched the truth a little bit. Very few people want Ubuntu
    on the desktop.


    >> Ubuntu is just a toy OS for geeks who have trouble with their social
    >> skills.

    >
    > My, my, another lie.
    >
    >>
    >> To do real work you need a real operating system. Microsoft supplies
    >> those Operating Systems.

    >
    > Yet another lie. How do you live with yourself?


    That statment is true. You just can't accept it.

    >>
    >> Imagine, people would rather PAY to use Microsoft products then to use
    >> FREE OpenSores products.

    >
    > More lies.
    >

    You just can't seem to accept that Ubuntu has a very small following on the
    desktop. It really doesn't matter what each of us think. You just keep
    plugging away trying to convert people, wasting your breath and picking
    fights with everyone.




    >> That should tell you what you need to know about Ubuntu and the idiots
    >> who try and preach it here in vista land.

    >
    > It tells me that you're a liar but that's nothing new.
    >
    > Alias
    >>


    Your responses tell me you have no idea what users want. You have your own
    agenda and you are failing.




  2. #22
    Frank Guest

    Default Re: People hate Linux

    Alias wrote:

    >
    >
    > I have just as much a right to post here as anyone else.


    No, not really. You are a known and admitted lying linux troll.
    This is a Microsoft Vista general ng. Not a linux ng.
    >
    >> NOBODY wants to use Ubuntu

    >
    >
    > A lie.


    Factually true.
    >
    >> on their machines because Ubuntu is FREE and NBODODY wants it on their
    >> desktop.

    >
    >
    > Another lie.


    Factually true.
    >
    >> Ubuntu is just a toy OS for geeks who have trouble with their social
    >> skills.

    >
    >
    > My, my, another lie.


    My, my another factual truth.
    >
    >>
    >> To do real work you need a real operating system. Microsoft supplies
    >> those Operating Systems.

    >
    >
    > Yet another lie. How do you live with yourself?


    You are the known and admitted liar. How you live with yourself is the
    question.
    >
    >>
    >> Imagine, people would rather PAY to use Microsoft products then to use
    >> FREE OpenSores products.

    >
    >
    > More lies.


    More facts. Live with them. They are real facts, *chump*!
    >
    >> That should tell you what you need to know about Ubuntu and the
    >> idiots who try and preach it here in vista land.

    >
    >
    > It tells me that you're a liar but that's nothing new.


    Being a liar is obviously a job you take very seriously.
    You are a liar, plain and simple.
    Get lost you lying linux troll. You are not needed, wanted nor welcomed
    here. This is a Vista general ng, not a linux ng.
    Go where you're welcomed.


  3. #23
    The poster formerly known as 'The Poster Formerly Known as Nina DiBoy' Guest

    Default Re: People just hate Linux

    Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
    > "Real World" experience shows that new notebooks preinstalled with Linux are returned
    > four times more often than those with Windows. This would indicate what others
    > have already noted, many consumers pick up the cheaper systems and then realize that
    > the Linux system is not what they are used to so they return it.
    >
    > The main cause [of the higher return rates for Linux-based machines] is Linux.
    > People would love to pay $299 or $399 but they don't know what they get until
    > they open the box. They start playing around with Linux and start realizing that
    > it's not what they are used to. They don't want to spend time to learn it so they
    > bring it back to the store.
    >
    > Clearly, Windows is far superior to Linux is the "Real World" of computing!
    >
    > Ref: http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=557
    >
    >


    Carey just wants to be viewed with as much respect as all of the other
    people who post about linux in a windows group get, even though he
    normally earns about as much respect as kevpan815 does.

    --
    "...every non-modular OS ----S...Speaking for myself only."
    - zachd [MSFT]

    DRM and unintended consequences:
    http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/se...35&tag=nl.e101

  4. #24
    Alias Guest

    Default Re: People hate Linux

    Bill M. Yanaire wrote:
    > "Alias" <iamalias@REMOVEgmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:gcg5j3$l2c$1@registered.motzarella.org...
    >> Bill M. Yanaire wrote:
    >>> "Alias" <iamalias@gmailREMOVE.com> wrote in message
    >>> news:gcg43i$4u4$1@aioe.org...
    >>>> Mike Hall - MVP wrote:
    >>>>> "brummyfan" <brummyfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>>> news:2C6DEC98-5D09-4210-8905-DD063F9C90C7@microsoft.com...
    >>>>>> There is a computer super store proudly presenting Ubuntu
    >>>>>> pre-installed
    >>>>>> systems on display in my neighborhood in UK. Well,these are the signs
    >>>>>> of
    >>>>>> things to come.
    >>>>> Those signs will disappear soon enough. People would rather pay more
    >>>>> for a Mac..
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>> Since when are you a spokesperson for all the people in the world?
    >>>>
    >>>> Alias
    >>> Since when are you welcome here?

    >> I have just as much a right to post here as anyone else.
    >>
    >>> NOBODY wants to use Ubuntu

    >> A lie.
    >>
    >>> on their machines because Ubuntu is FREE and NBODODY wants it on their
    >>> desktop.

    >> Another lie.
    >>

    >
    > OK, maybe I stretched the truth a little bit. Very few people want Ubuntu
    > on the desktop.


    The times they are a-changing. Billy boy isn't, though.

    >
    >
    >>> Ubuntu is just a toy OS for geeks who have trouble with their social
    >>> skills.

    >> My, my, another lie.
    >>
    >>> To do real work you need a real operating system. Microsoft supplies
    >>> those Operating Systems.

    >> Yet another lie. How do you live with yourself?

    >
    > That statment is true. You just can't accept it.


    It's true if your "work" consists in playing video games.

    >
    >>> Imagine, people would rather PAY to use Microsoft products then to use
    >>> FREE OpenSores products.

    >> More lies.
    >>

    > You just can't seem to accept that Ubuntu has a very small following on the
    > desktop.


    I know it's small and never said it wasn't.

    > It really doesn't matter what each of us think. You just keep
    > plugging away trying to convert people, wasting your breath and picking
    > fights with everyone.


    You'd be surprised how many emails I get from interested parties.

    >
    >
    >>> That should tell you what you need to know about Ubuntu and the idiots
    >>> who try and preach it here in vista land.

    >> It tells me that you're a liar but that's nothing new.
    >>
    >> Alias

    >
    > Your responses tell me you have no idea what users want. You have your own
    > agenda and you are failing.


    Keep telling yourself that and save your money for Windows 7.

    Alias
    >
    >
    >


  5. #25
    brummyfan Guest

    Default people just hate linux

    I am using Ubuntu inside Vista installation using liveCD, its
    fast,uninterrupted internet connection and I haven't touched Vista for a long
    time. You must try the amazing Compiz-Fusion,it will enhance your computing
    experience.


  6. #26
    Bill M. Yanaire Guest

    Default Re: People hate Linux


    "Alias" <iamalias@REMOVEgmail.com> wrote in message
    news:gcg7jb$6qj$1@registered.motzarella.org...
    > Bill M. Yanaire wrote:
    >> "Alias" <iamalias@REMOVEgmail.com> wrote in message
    >> news:gcg5j3$l2c$1@registered.motzarella.org...
    >>> Bill M. Yanaire wrote:
    >>>> "Alias" <iamalias@gmailREMOVE.com> wrote in message
    >>>> news:gcg43i$4u4$1@aioe.org...
    >>>>> Mike Hall - MVP wrote:
    >>>>>> "brummyfan" <brummyfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>>>> news:2C6DEC98-5D09-4210-8905-DD063F9C90C7@microsoft.com...
    >>>>>>> There is a computer super store proudly presenting Ubuntu
    >>>>>>> pre-installed
    >>>>>>> systems on display in my neighborhood in UK. Well,these are the
    >>>>>>> signs of
    >>>>>>> things to come.
    >>>>>> Those signs will disappear soon enough. People would rather pay more
    >>>>>> for a Mac..
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>> Since when are you a spokesperson for all the people in the world?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Alias
    >>>> Since when are you welcome here?
    >>> I have just as much a right to post here as anyone else.
    >>>
    >>>> NOBODY wants to use Ubuntu
    >>> A lie.
    >>>
    >>>> on their machines because Ubuntu is FREE and NBODODY wants it on their
    >>>> desktop.
    >>> Another lie.
    >>>

    >>
    >> OK, maybe I stretched the truth a little bit. Very few people want
    >> Ubuntu on the desktop.

    >
    > The times they are a-changing. Billy boy isn't, though.
    >
    >>
    >>
    >>>> Ubuntu is just a toy OS for geeks who have trouble with their social
    >>>> skills.
    >>> My, my, another lie.
    >>>
    >>>> To do real work you need a real operating system. Microsoft supplies
    >>>> those Operating Systems.
    >>> Yet another lie. How do you live with yourself?

    >>
    >> That statment is true. You just can't accept it.

    >
    > It's true if your "work" consists in playing video games.
    >
    >>
    >>>> Imagine, people would rather PAY to use Microsoft products then to use
    >>>> FREE OpenSores products.
    >>> More lies.
    >>>

    >> You just can't seem to accept that Ubuntu has a very small following on
    >> the desktop.

    >
    > I know it's small and never said it wasn't.
    >
    >> It really doesn't matter what each of us think. You just keep plugging
    >> away trying to convert people, wasting your breath and picking fights
    >> with everyone.

    >
    > You'd be surprised how many emails I get from interested parties.
    >
    >>
    >>
    >>>> That should tell you what you need to know about Ubuntu and the idiots
    >>>> who try and preach it here in vista land.
    >>> It tells me that you're a liar but that's nothing new.
    >>>
    >>> Alias

    >>
    >> Your responses tell me you have no idea what users want. You have your
    >> own agenda and you are failing.

    >
    > Keep telling yourself that and save your money for Windows 7.
    >
    > Alias
    >>

    All my Microsoft products are Free. I'll use the money for other stuff.




  7. #27
    Alias Guest

    Default Re: People hate Linux

    Bill M. Yanaire wrote:
    > "Alias" <iamalias@REMOVEgmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:gcg7jb$6qj$1@registered.motzarella.org...
    >> Bill M. Yanaire wrote:
    >>> "Alias" <iamalias@REMOVEgmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> news:gcg5j3$l2c$1@registered.motzarella.org...
    >>>> Bill M. Yanaire wrote:
    >>>>> "Alias" <iamalias@gmailREMOVE.com> wrote in message
    >>>>> news:gcg43i$4u4$1@aioe.org...
    >>>>>> Mike Hall - MVP wrote:
    >>>>>>> "brummyfan" <brummyfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>>>>> news:2C6DEC98-5D09-4210-8905-DD063F9C90C7@microsoft.com...
    >>>>>>>> There is a computer super store proudly presenting Ubuntu
    >>>>>>>> pre-installed
    >>>>>>>> systems on display in my neighborhood in UK. Well,these are the
    >>>>>>>> signs of
    >>>>>>>> things to come.
    >>>>>>> Those signs will disappear soon enough. People would rather pay more
    >>>>>>> for a Mac..
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>> Since when are you a spokesperson for all the people in the world?
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Alias
    >>>>> Since when are you welcome here?
    >>>> I have just as much a right to post here as anyone else.
    >>>>
    >>>>> NOBODY wants to use Ubuntu
    >>>> A lie.
    >>>>
    >>>>> on their machines because Ubuntu is FREE and NBODODY wants it on their
    >>>>> desktop.
    >>>> Another lie.
    >>>>
    >>> OK, maybe I stretched the truth a little bit. Very few people want
    >>> Ubuntu on the desktop.

    >> The times they are a-changing. Billy boy isn't, though.
    >>
    >>>
    >>>>> Ubuntu is just a toy OS for geeks who have trouble with their social
    >>>>> skills.
    >>>> My, my, another lie.
    >>>>
    >>>>> To do real work you need a real operating system. Microsoft supplies
    >>>>> those Operating Systems.
    >>>> Yet another lie. How do you live with yourself?
    >>> That statment is true. You just can't accept it.

    >> It's true if your "work" consists in playing video games.
    >>
    >>>>> Imagine, people would rather PAY to use Microsoft products then to use
    >>>>> FREE OpenSores products.
    >>>> More lies.
    >>>>
    >>> You just can't seem to accept that Ubuntu has a very small following on
    >>> the desktop.

    >> I know it's small and never said it wasn't.
    >>
    >>> It really doesn't matter what each of us think. You just keep plugging
    >>> away trying to convert people, wasting your breath and picking fights
    >>> with everyone.

    >> You'd be surprised how many emails I get from interested parties.
    >>
    >>>
    >>>>> That should tell you what you need to know about Ubuntu and the idiots
    >>>>> who try and preach it here in vista land.
    >>>> It tells me that you're a liar but that's nothing new.
    >>>>
    >>>> Alias
    >>> Your responses tell me you have no idea what users want. You have your
    >>> own agenda and you are failing.

    >> Keep telling yourself that and save your money for Windows 7.
    >>
    >> Alias

    > All my Microsoft products are Free. I'll use the money for other stuff.
    >
    >
    >


    No wonder you're sold on Microsoft products. Question is if you had to
    pay ... ?

    Alias

  8. #28
    Frank Guest

    Default Re: people just hate linux

    brummyfan wrote:

    > I am using Ubuntu inside Vista installation using liveCD, its
    > fast,uninterrupted internet connection and I haven't touched Vista for a long
    > time. You must try the amazing Compiz-Fusion,it will enhance your computing
    > experience.

    -----------------------------------
    You can't possibly be a stupid as you sound?
    Or are you?...LOL!

  9. #29
    Memnoch Guest

    Default Re: People hate Linux

    On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 19:17:22 +0200, Alias <iamalias@REMOVEgmail.com> wrote:

    >Bill M. Yanaire wrote:
    >> "Alias" <iamalias@gmailREMOVE.com> wrote in message
    >> news:gcg43i$4u4$1@aioe.org...
    >>> Mike Hall - MVP wrote:
    >>>> "brummyfan" <brummyfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>> news:2C6DEC98-5D09-4210-8905-DD063F9C90C7@microsoft.com...
    >>>>> There is a computer super store proudly presenting Ubuntu pre-installed
    >>>>> systems on display in my neighborhood in UK. Well,these are the signs of
    >>>>> things to come.
    >>>>
    >>>> Those signs will disappear soon enough. People would rather pay more for
    >>>> a Mac..
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> Since when are you a spokesperson for all the people in the world?
    >>>
    >>> Alias

    >>
    >> Since when are you welcome here?

    >
    >I have just as much a right to post here as anyone else.
    >
    >> NOBODY wants to use Ubuntu

    >
    >A lie.
    >
    >> on their
    >> machines because Ubuntu is FREE and NBODODY wants it on their desktop.

    >
    >Another lie.
    >
    >> Ubuntu is just a toy OS for geeks who have trouble with their social skills.

    >
    >My, my, another lie.
    >
    >>
    >> To do real work you need a real operating system. Microsoft supplies those
    >> Operating Systems.

    >
    >Yet another lie. How do you live with yourself?
    >>
    >> Imagine, people would rather PAY to use Microsoft products then to use FREE
    >> OpenSores products.

    >
    >More lies.
    >
    >> That should tell you what you need to know about Ubuntu
    >> and the idiots who try and preach it here in vista land.

    >
    >It tells me that you're a liar but that's nothing new.
    >
    >Alias


    Technically they are just opinions. That doesn't make them right or wrong but
    they are hardly lies. I see first hand the problems that users have with XP
    and now Vista. I see this every day. They are almost always very trivial
    things that take a minute or two to sort out. Now throw in a variant of Linux.
    They will be even more lost. Without some massive change in public perception
    and education they will never make a significant dent in home sales as Windows
    software has. I bet if you took a clipboard in to your average high street and
    asked random people if they had heard of Linux, even throwing in a range of
    distros, and you will get blank looks. Ask them if they have heard of
    Microsoft or Windows and I suspect your answers will be slightly different.

  10. #30
    +Bob+ Guest

    Default Re: People hate Linux

    On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 19:51:38 +0200, Alias <iamalias@REMOVEgmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Bill M. Yanaire wrote:

    <snip.
    >>
    >> Your responses tell me you have no idea what users want. You have your own
    >> agenda and you are failing.

    >
    >Keep telling yourself that and save your money for Windows 7.
    >
    >Alias



    What most Windows users want is fairly obvious: XP!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22